Monday, January 2, 2012

2011: review

So i decided that one 2011 review post was not nearly enough.
this year has been so many things for me! So I'll go in sections.
This winter I...

visited Stanford University with the California Scholarship Federation.  celebrated the "52nd anniversary of my (grandpa's) 30th birthday!". and a few other birthdays. hung out with some cool boys. went on some dates :) took a trip to LA. went to several dances and spent every single day with my best friend Marissa!

In spring:

got my driver's license!  went on some awesome friend dates with some awesome people. Was in a couple musicals with some of my favorite people in the world. spent Easter in provo and hiked the Y! and had the absolute best birthday of my life. My mother, sister and best Friend Marissa are amazing beautiful women and they love me so much that decided to throw me a surprise party! and it was insanely fun!



This summer was...wow.
The summer of my life, foundation for my future, the ultimate testimony lifter, discover yourself, make the best friends you'll ever have, close books, open new ones, turn new leaves, give more, share more, want less, smile be inspired, love someone, be an example, stand up for what you believe in, be prepared, influence, try a little harder to be a little better, walk all over BYU campus every single day, never want to leave Utah, never want it to be over, believe. hope. seek endure.

i cant even explain that all in complete, coherent sentences but I'll try.

My summer started off with graduation. I was really close to some seniors and it was really hard to say goodbye because they were such a huge part of my life last year.


I went to EFY in Fresno. It was a huge blessing. and never got it's own blog post but it definitely deserves one! It was great to be at EFY with my friends from Fresno that i knew. and to meet new friends. I became friends wit a lot of new people and I didn't know that i had a comfort bubble, but EFY Fresno pushed me out of it. all of this happened at the perfect time for me because i was floundering. not necessarily in a bad way. I just had no clue what i was going to do for the rest of my life. and i was stressing about a lot of stupid things.

At EFY Fresno, my session directors were amazing. The Diamonds. I have mentioned them before but not enough. I don't know how to give them the credit they deserve. okay that's it. there is definitively going to be an EFY Fresno post very soon.
Anyway, these are the Diamonds: They are my heroes and I love them so much! a week later, i went to EFY in Provo, Utah. 

 The week after EFY Provo, i went to girls camp. A M A Z I N G. i Cannot stress it enough. I love love LOVE girls camp. and this year i loved it more than ever because it was my last year.
I loved EFY (s)
but Girls camp... absolutely. completely. changed me. Forever. if you need a refresher: here is where to go.
 Because the first half of my summer was so incredible and so life altering, the rest of my summer seemed pretty simple. But it was still fun.


This fall was...weird. 
I was annoyed. a lot. mostly with teachers. and their...well. we won't name names. But an 89.9?! 
Really?

anyway.

Most of my time this fall was spent in preparation for The Physicists 



And when i wasn't wearing blue Aladdin trousers being an insane scientist, i was stressing about real school and not fun things. In all honestly i was just delaying the homecoming of  This guy:

Derek was Serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Denver, Colorado. I love him and i don't know why i was so nervous about him coming home. But i was.
I guess i was mostly scared that he would be too grown up and mature to be silly with me and do stupid things and mess around.
He is a lot more mature and he is much more grown up.
Not that he was ever super immature or anything, he just became a man. a real man! one who works all day and makes money and reads finance books. yikes. i hope i never grow up.
Even though he did grow a little bit height wise (I know, i didn't think it was possible either.) and a lot spiritually, He's still Derek. 
We still went to church dances. looking absolutely fabulous i might add.
We both love the Hunger Games! 
We still laughed. probably too much. and teased each other. and drove around town for random shopping trips at Walmart.
We had a few of those used-to-be awkward relationship talks. long ones.
We both got beat up by our nieces and Caleb when they were here
We've both changed a LOT in the past two years, and i'm really grateful for those changes.
But i'm also really grateful that we can still just be Derek and Mel.

So now he's off living his dream in Provo as an official cougar!
with scary math classes.
and he's single! watch out!
And i'm missing him already. 
But I've got Jenae and Donny :)

and JONATHAN who will be coming home in TWENTY SIX DAYS. 26. that's less than three weeks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: