Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yosemite

 Last week i got the opportunity to go to Yosemite with some friends from church. It was so much fun! and SO BEAUTIFUL! I loved being in the fresh air and there wasn't a building or telephone pole for as far as you can see. amazing. I loved it!










Honestly i don't know how people can stand on mountains, looking out at THIS:
 and not believe in a God?









 Actually, i was there at a once in one hundred year event! We were standing at Glacier Point, which is usually underneath tons of snow this time of year and impossible to dive to on the icy roads. 
The last time that anyone saw the moon rising over Half dome from this angle was over a hundred years ago! I know, it's not that cool, but it was interesting to me.
 AND. Turns out that in Yosemite at this time of the year, when the sun sets, the mountain tops go from regular....
 to orange...
To pink!
it seemed SO much pinker in real life, but it's pretty pink in the picture too







Happy Wednesday! :)

1 comment :

  1. very cool Melissa! I love Yosemite. I need to convince Eric to drive through there again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: