Monday, April 27, 2015

Hi, Karl.

HI CAN WE PLEASE JUST APPRECIATE THIS HUMAN? THANK YOU. 


There are no words at the moment to accurately describe the level of contentedness his voice brings me to. I could listen to him talk all. day. long. 


 You guys. 
This boy. 
This boy. 
This boy.
He is so different. 

He is so good.

and if you're not in the mood for the most twitter-pated post of your life, then i'd suggest you click away. This is a sappy post if there ever was one, but i'm not one fraction of a bit sorry. 


I've never been a huge fan of the "this is my boyfriend, isn't he great?! Look, see, he's incredible, everyone pay attention to me" posts. 

but this is unabashedly a, "HEY INTERNET, this is my boyfriend, isn't he great?! Look, see, he's incredible, everyone pay attention to me" post. 

and i'm NOT going to apologize for it. 


i am straight up bragging. 
and i'm not afraid to admit it. 
















There is a boy. 
His name is Karl. 
I care for him. Far more than i had originally planned. 
I love that he sends me novel-length text messages, because i do the same exact thing. and i love that he calls me when he says he's going to call me and i love that this dear boy Skypes me for hours and hours at a time like it's not taking over his entire day.


I love that we get embarrassed about the same things. 


He loves his family and his job and his school and who loves all three of those and means it?


I can't get enough of this grin:


I love that he is positively beaming whenever he sees me for the first time in a few days, 
and vice versa. 



same. laugh hand. stop.


and he siiiiiiiiings and he plays the saxophone and he loves the hymns of the Gospel and we sound good together, which is rare. 


not only does he put up with me, he LIKES me. and he ENCOURAGES me to be who i am. even if that me is embarrassingly bold and over eager. He supports that. He supports me. 


I love that he shares stories from his mission and family and life and never apologizes for it because he knows that i'm listening and that i care. 
I appreciate that he listens to and cares about my stories, too. 


I can't help but smile even just looking at him, i just enjoy him so much. 


He tells me everything, and i get to feel like a huge part of his life even though i'm not physically there with him.


He laughs at hideous pictures of me with no reservation. actually we both do. 
so hard that we literally cry.



He is unapologetically himself around me. Always. It helps me toss my inhibitions. 


I value our conversations. especially when they turn serious and profound. He is thoughtful and sincere, just like i try to be, and just like i need in a partner. 


His laugh is the best thing I've ever had the pleasure of motivating. 



And as a fine cherry on top, he has the dreamiest pair of eyes i ever did see. 
large, and solid blue. framed with long dark lashes.


Hello, Karl Stuart. one day you might read this and be embarrassed that i put all of these pictures on the internet, but in my defense, i did tell you they'd be going on the blog. 

I'm proud of you, you know. 
Of your character and the way you make people feel - like they are loved and known and of worth.
Of your strength and zeal and knowledge. 
I'm proud to be with you, Karl. And honestly i'd be proud to call you mine for a very very very long time, if you'd have me.Which i know you would. will. you have always made sure your feelings for me were known, and known well. I tried to mirror that, so this relationship has been going just peachy so far. I know there will be hard spots, but right now i just don't care. 

You are a good man, and a kind, gentle soul. 

I'm happy that we are currently here.


by the way, feel free to Skype me for hours and hours whenever you'd like. It's pretty stinking flattering to have someone spend half their day awake on Skype. You are wonderful, Karl. 

affectionately yours, 
melissa michiale




No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: