Monday, April 6, 2015

March

It's a good life, guys. 

This semester has rushed by in a whir of Preschool and Family Home Evening activities. and food. 
i remember all the food, haha. 
and SNAP, just like that, it's all over and i'm cramming all my last assignments into a 2 hour period tonight before i go to bed. smart. 

I heard that every REM cycle you get in before midnight actually counts as double, so maybe i'll just go to bed right this minute and then wake up at 5AM. 

lol, not. 


Here's some snapshots of my life in March.
also known as a bunch of times that i tried to document the tender little mercies in my life:


I got a new phone (FINALLY. no more 2006 Nokias. holla.) and Sophia took full advantage of the front facing camera. leaving me about a dozen selfies a day that look like some variation of this:


Speaking of Sophia, she's an angel. She works early morning janitorial, and some days she goes out to eat with her co-workers afterward. One morning i woke up to a note telling me that there were donuts for me on the table. and another morning, i literally woke up to the smell of heaven. 
A McGriddle at the foot of my bed. 


one day i was doing homework in the lounge and swiped a pen from on top of the mailboxes. when i was cleaning up my things, i tossed the pen back at the mail boxes, in some blind attempt to walk 3 less steps. 

and it made it. and then i was still too lazy to walk over there, even to take a less grainy picture. 
but do you see it? 
beauty.

one night for FHE we made Eiffel Towers out of Play-Doh. this was my groups. taha. i know, ugly. but it was leaning and we had a time crunch. i think it's cute. 


then we had crepes, and the boys had decorated their apartment with stringed lights, and were playing french music. cuties. 


Rexburg sunsets will always be my favorite. 


Sophia is taking a class where she got to teach a part of preschool for one day, and she got to teach in my lab!! I was so happy! It was fun to have her with me. she was so cute and engaging with the children. 


Stephanie took my clothes out of the dryer, brought them home, and folded them for me one day. 
just because she loves me. 


my bangs naturally turn into Ariel's when they air dry after the shower:



I GOT FLOWERS!


Just kidding. i bought them for a preschool science activity. 


I have an FHE friend named Hunter who literally despiiiises my Crocs. 
SO much so that he actually bought me a seperate pair of shoes to wear when i'm around him, because he hates seeing my crocs that much.


so now i have a second pair of shoes. 
cool. 
and they're purple. 
cooler. 

LOGAN CAME TO VISIT!!!
it was so weird/fun/normal to have her here again. i love that girl. 
i still think we look alike. 
she was a fun roommate last semester. 


Stephanie doesn't. eat. 
not like she can't. 
not like she doesn't want to. 
she just literally doesn't think about it, because she does so many other things. 
i don't understand how that can work, considering i have to eat like every hour to stay sane, but she just genuinely forgets to feed herself. 

So I feed her probably 3 times a week, and Sophia 2 times a week, and on the other 2 days, she eats chips and salsa and an apple and thinks she's nutritionally sound. 
shake my head. 

one night, she was doing like 10 homework assignments at once, and Sophia literally spoon feed her pasta as she worked, because Stephanie genuinely didn't have the time to make and eat dinner. 


I love how much light pours in from the window in my room. i always keep the blinds open during the day. it absolutely fills the room and hallway with pure white morning light, and i love it. 


1 comment :

Love Notes: