Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Rest of the Story

Wow!
That last post made a splash, didn't it?! 
I got so much unexpected traffic that i literally thought Blogger had made some crazy mistake.
haha! nope! Just a lot of people interested in our story!
I'm totally fine with that!

To all of you new friends;






Hi!
I'm Melissa Michiale. I've been blogging since 2008. I refer to this blog as "The Happy Wagon" as an allusion to a theme in my favorite book by Jerry Spinelli. "Stargirl". Essentially it means that i try to see the world in a "glass half full" kind of light. Or, a Wagon with more rocks than none ;)








To the new readers and the old:

Thank you for your response to and support of that last post and my announced engagement! I/we really are so happy! 


Which leads me to my next announcement. 


I've written and loved this blog for years as if it was my private journal. Some people think i was too free with what i shared or that i was too open with my feelings and information. Maybe that was true at times, but i have never felt unsafe or regretful. Even if it was too open, it was always real! It was always me.

The thing is, because i've written here for so long, some of the posts are naturally, very old, and outdated. I don't believe some of those things i said in 2010 any more. I no longer have feelings for the boy i was crushing on in 2012. I don't feel the same way about Shia LeBouf now as i did in 2009.

You get the picture.




Lucky, i knew that would happen. So i told myself, from the day i began, that i would create a new blog when i was going to be married.

WELL, FRIENDS THAT DAY IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

haha.
in case you missed my last post:

YUP! I'm getting married!

not until September, but i decided to make the separate blog now so that i can begin it with the complete and unabridged version of my love story. It's not MY full story. That would take an entire novel! (Which, don't worry, is certainly on it's way.) The new blog can tide you over until then.

How i met and fell in love with the literal man of my dreams, and our beautiful life afterward; That is what the new blog will be all about. A comprehensive journal of our future history.
THIS IS A BIG DEAL FOR ME, PEOPLE.




BUT!

Until we are actually married in September, i will still be posting frequently on this blog. The Happy Wagon. I still have a lot to document. i'm very behind. haha. 
The new blog is just for me and Karl's new life together. I'll post a more in depth version of various parts of our story there maybe once a week, until we are actually married.

So if you were looking to get rid of me, and you were about to send Karl a bouquet of flowers for being the reason why i gave up blogging, TOO BAD!! 
I'm still here to bug you. 
3 times a week until September ;)




Regular programming will resume on Friday. 

Thank you for your love!!

1 comment :

Love Notes: