Friday, December 16, 2011

Secret Santa


I'm in the leadership class at my school. We plan all the events and hang all the posters. it's pretty sweet.
We had a secret Santa gift exchange on Thursday after our final.

My secret Santa didn't want me to know that she was my secret Santa so someone else gave me my present.

pause.

If you've read my posts on my old blog
you know that there is a group of boys that have been my best friends since kindergarten. 
And that those three boys are like my brothers
And you'll also know that i have a close friend name Travis. 
I haven't known Travis for nearly as long, but he's still like a brother to me as well.

These boys have been there for me for EVERYTHING. literally. they've been there longer than i can remember and have always always always backed me up and defended me 100%.
I've never been in a real argument with any of them.
I've never been mad at any of them for more than 5 minutes.
I've never been ashamed of them.

I've always looked up to them
I've always been very protective over them, like they are of me.
I've always been jealous of their coolness
I'll always love them. 


basically, these boys keep me sane, they make me happy, they are my oldest friends and some of my best friends. So even though you dont read my blog, thanks guys :)



okay, now back to our original story.
so, secret santa comes along and mine was actually a secret, my santa didnt want to reveal themselves, so our Teacher Mrs.Larrivee gave me my present. 

I opened it just a crack and started crying.
I hate crying in front of people.
Especially boys. 

but this was the happiest of happy cries. if that's possible.

I love my secret santa, for actually thinking of what I, melissa, would want. 
And not just guessing, 'oh, she's a girl who wears ugly sweaters, i'll get her a spool of yarn so she can knit her own'

I opened my present and there was this nice framed  print of the picture below. And it was signed with a note by each of my 'Berenda Brothers' as i affectionately refer to them. And travis. Whom i refer to as my brother when he's not making sounds that kill my brain. haha.



I took this picture! haha it's not the best picture of these handsome guys, but it was a tender moment right after our last playoff game.


So thank you secret secret santa for giving me such a thoughtful, meaningful gift!
And thank you Jason for  helping my santa give me such a wonderful gift, even thought it was your birthday!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: