Monday, August 20, 2012

The Beach



The morning after the wienie roast Derek popped his head in my door and said, "hey, how do you feel about going to the beach?"
Me: uhmm, i don't really care...I'm down.
Then Jenae popped in as well with, "good, 'cause we're going."

And a few hours later, we did! ha. SO worth the three hours driving. and actually, i drove the whole way there! woot! it may have been the longest I've driven without stopping! But there was the trip to Utah last summer where i drove for a few hours, they're probably around the same length. anyway. I was proud of myself! because despite Derek's insistence that i drive faster, I thought i did pretty dang well.

anyway.

So we drove to the beach and then spent like half an hour driving around looking for parking before i said a little prayer in my head that we'd find a spot. we turned the corner and there it was. a perfect little open spot just big enough for our corolla. so after a quick thank you prayer, we unloaded the car (we brought WAY too much stuff.) and walked down to the beach! 
It was definitely a different experience going without parents. 
But it was super fun.

Jenae is a babe by the way. pretty sure the group of European guys (One Direction?...) playing soccer behind us were creepin' on her.



as SOON as we got there, Jonathan started diggin'. like literally, right away.







Oh hey there's me. I got into my shins and decided i was done. I love the beach, but I'm definitely more of the - lounge on the towel and Read Harry Potter/ happily nap and snack while your brothers and little sister play in the ocean - kind of a beach goer.



Ever since Junior year when Lawrence Garza blew his nose, and then jumped into the pool covered in mud at Water Polo practice, I've been extremely grossed out about the idea of swimming at the same time as other people. like, REAL grossed out. I don't swim at parties or family home evening activities or at friends' houses. the thought of a bunch of nasty bodies all in one pool in literally the least amount of clothing possible?...masvpjahdfv adfvudnkj. GROSS.

I'll just awkwardly swim by myself while the rest of you chill in the even more disgusting hot tub. thanks.

needless to say, i sat on the blanket and read about Horcrux hunting. happy as a lark to wave at my siblings in the water. It was hot cold. like, real hot, but real cold. it was wild. I loved it, because i was dry. ha.

shista shista


After some time (I'm honestly not sure how long, because i took a nap and lost track of time) we met up with our Grandparents, who live in San Luis Obisbo, farther down the beach where their ward was having a beach dinner. Jenae made a little friend.


I love Grandmom and Grandad Wallwork! they're my moms parents, they're hilarious and so sweet.



after dinner it was time to go.



We went back to Grandmom and Grandad's house to wash up and change out of our sandy clothes and have Popsicles and laugh together before we headed home.
It was a great day.


I got a sweet sweet Polaroid camera for my birthday from my pseudo brothers and I LOVE it! ignore my chipped nail polish...


The drive home was great too, we talked and laughed. we do a lot of that thankfully. I'm so so grateful that i went. A couple days prior to this outing was when i said goodbye to really good friends and i was a complete wreck the day of the wienie roast. so i was worried that i would be emotionally drained at the beach but it turned out fine.





 seriously...I love my brothers and Jenae.
Derek is leaving on a train in the morning and i am not okay with it at all.

Jonathan, Derek and I have literally spent 98% of our free time together for the past three months, and  i don't know how they feel, but they are my best friends. hands down. and i feel like this is the summer I'm going to look back on for the rest of my life as far as my relationship with them goes. it's never gonna be like this again. we're not gonna see each other at thanksgiving, and we'll all be home for Christmas, but only for a week or two. and who knows what will be happening next summer? so much can happen in a year. There's just never gonna be another time like this for the three of us to all be together all the time again.
rant.
the twins are their own post. 

anyway, I'm so glad we randomly decided to go to the beach. and I'm so glad Jenae came too.
Summer's been good. 
great actually.

I'm definitely not ready for it to be over.

1 comment :

  1. wish i could have gone. and i never like getting the water either!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: