Saturday, December 27, 2014

The end of the semester

Before i left rexburg, my roommates and i all became quite close. and the fact that half of us were graduating made me a little queasy. 
before the pomp and circumstance, we had some fun but mostly just cried and cried and cried about finals. hahahahaha. 

there were some highlights, though:

actual, real life single snowflakes


having to use a phone from 2005 because mine wasn't working. 


 I got a stye. that was fun. at first i thought it wouldn't be that bad... 


but then....


hahaha. 

i also experimented in towel tying methods:

 The Nazareth 


the mohawk


and the Quirrell


love me. 

one of my favorite things to do is braid other people's hair. most of the time i just do whatever the heck i want. make my own patterns and try new things. it's fun.
one for Stephanie's favorite things is to have her hair braided by someone. 
perfect match. 
i did a lot of really cool braids on her. here's one:





but don't ask me to repeat it, because i have no clue how. my fingers have a mind of their own wen they're braiding.

i decided to be festive and decorate our room with a twig of incense fir:


charlie brown-esque, but that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, i like it!


MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN IDAHO:
"Great Bambino's"
inexpensive calzones meals = pretty dang good bang for your buck. 
it's the closest thing i can get to Round Table Pizza in Idaho, alright?


i spent a lot of time at the library this semester. my grades and sleep thank me graciously for it. 



my roommates found out what i'm really like:



after our ward Christmas party, we were helping clean up. i was standing near my friend Trevor and saw a tootsie roll left on a table. i swiped it with a smile, "Tootsie rolls are my FAVORITE."
a few minutes later trevor was messing with the pocket on the peacoat i was wearing. i looked at him suspiciously and he walked away pretending to whistle. this happened a few more times in the next couple of minutes, but i didn't think to stick my hand in my pocket until i was already home, and when i did, there were 3 Tootsie rolls from dear Trevor Sweat. love that kid. 
we got lucky with our FHE group this semester, for sure. I'm so glad that most of us will still be in the ward next semester!


i wrote about 1,000 Christmas letters. (more like 5)


and watched my big brother graduate from college! woot





congratulations, Donny! He's starting grad school at the Monterey Institute of International Studies in the fall! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: