Monday, August 31, 2015

Derek's Utah reception weekend/ My engagement

HI, I'M ALIVE. 
I'm married. and alive. 
I'm so behind on blogging it's upsetting to me. I want to have all of this preserved, so even though it's long since passed and old news, i'm still going to chronicle the past few months so that i can print out my last Happy Wagon Blog Books and have an official ending to this blog. 




I flew to Utah for my brother Derek's second wedding reception. 



My saintly sister Allison picked me up from the airport an i stayed the night at her house. aka party. 


Karl came and picked me up the next morning and actually most of the story, I've already written on Karl and I's blog here.



but here are some things that i missed. 

My parents and Jenae drove up the morning of the reception, and the five of us went through the Payson Utah Temple Open House. Whenever a mormon temple is built, it is open to the entire public for a few weeks after completion. ANYone can go inside and tour the beautiful rooms and see what it's really like. 
This temple was inSANE. the literal most gorgeous building i've ever been inside. It was sweet to be there with Jenae, too. 

That night was the Utah reception! In an adorable little hidden park in the mountains. Rayce has good taste. mmm these mountains, though. 


Raycelan's mom asked me to put some flowers on the cake. so i did. haha. 



I enjoyed showing Karl off again to everyone, and i love seeing all my nieces and nephews enjoy their cousin time. 


Rebecca and Jenae: The Bookend twins. playing a little game of "Whose hair is whose?"


Missing Katrina and Christine, but taking advantage of the situation to get some sister pictures. This was while Karl was asking my dad for permission to marry me, and we alllllll knew what was happening, so we were giddy, if you couldn't tell:



and then that night after the reception, we got engaged! The full adorable story is linked above. Karl is such a sweetheart. 





May 23, 2015; Happy Horlacher Day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: