Sunday, August 2, 2015

While i was home - Derek's wedding weekend

picture overload. what's new?
old grainy camera. the usual. 
adorable nieces and nephews because #Hansengenes

there is a mulberry tree at our little Madera house, and of late it has become quite the attraction at Grammy and grandpa Jamie's house. 


My sister Katrina and her family came a few days early to help set up for the wedding, her kids are so adorable. and we're getting to be friends, now, because i've seen them several times in the past year. 












I don't know why he had stickers in his hair, but that combined with his mulberry stained face was just too cute not to capture a thousand times. 




his eyebrows, though. the MOST expressive. 









Saturday, the day after the wedding, Karl and i made a picnic for the grandbabies. it was so fun! The dads all joined us in the beginning and we walked over to the elementary school. 






i LOVE seeing Karl around kids. he's so happy and excited, because he loves kids, but he's nervous because he doesn't know them, so he kind of tip toes into it and i think it's adorable. i'm excited to be a parent with him one day in the future. 


don't mind my drunken expression. 
this was just Karl winning over all the nieces and nephews by making balloon animals and things. it. was. adorable. he's incredible, and they all loved it. 




the cousins spent their usual time together being crazy and having tons of supervised fun. 



that evening was Jenae's senior prom. she got all dolled up and took pictures in the front yard with her date, Lil V. who real name is Virat. 
SHE IS SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!


I got dolled up, too, and Karl and I went on a date of our own!
He waited on one of the bunk beds in my room and talked to me while i curled my hair and did my make up. 
"man, being a girl is a lot of work!"
hahahaha. 


cutie. 
 we took pictures in the front yard, too ;)
Ooooo de LALLY he is handsome. 



there were paw-streaks on Karl's windshield. i had a good laugh at that, because it meant there were cats gettin' comfy on his roof. 
GROSS. 


HE IS SO STINKING CUTE WHEN HE DRIVES.


while at my favorite restaurant, Round Table Pizza, we randomly bumped into my High School Theatre Director, Ginger Latimer! It was a pleasant surprise!
We got to catch up, and she got to meet Karl!
She hasn't said this to me, but i'm sure she think i'm getting married too young. she thinks most mormons do. she's teased me about since i was literally 13 years old. 


and THEN! right as we got our pizza, who should appear but lil dang weasel herself. and her date. and her date's sister, their chauffeur/chaperone. hahaha. they joined us for dinner. 
at round table. 
on prom night. 
hahahaha. 





and then they forgot their pizza. 
don't worry, we packed it up for them. 



Then i took him to Town and Country park, because we like going on walks, and that park has a long trail.

we got to talk a lot, which i appreciated. 
I'm sad to have forgotten a lot of the details, because it was months ago, but i remember feeling so overwhelmingly happy, and kissing him a lot, and smiling so hard i thought my face would break in half, and looking into his big blue eyes for four exact minutes at the end of our 36 question experiment and feeling like it had only been 30 seconds when the timer went off. 

I talked about that experience in detail on my new blog, because it was really cool at the end. I felt a deeper connection to him after that experiment was finished. 


Jenae was sick from something she ate at prom, and was sitting in the parlor after all our guests left. I sat and read to her, one of my favorite things to do, in all honesty. 


and then life went back to normal. 


for a week. 

1 comment :

  1. how did I never see those mulberry pictures!! the one with ryders hand behind his back, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: