Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bike Rides

For the past couple days, I've miraculously evaded rehearsal and came home early.
My mom is in Utah, so i had no one's ear to talk off as soon as i walked in the door and ate my marsh mellow mateys on the TV chair.
and Facebook can only entertain you for so long before you start to feel your brain melt.
The weather was lovely so i used Derek's bike and went for a ride.
The first couple cars that passed me freaked me out because I live in a quiet neighborhood and they looked kind of creepy.
HOWever, i kept riding.
and i'm glad.
the sun was that warm yellow orange color that says the moon is almost here, and the shadows were stretching taller the longer i rode, melting into one another as the sun sunk behind the trees.
The first day, people stared.
I wasn't surprised. what 17 year old girl just rides a bike around the neighborhood now a days? And the fact that i have long blonde hair and there was a perfect bike riding breeze to toss it gently as i diddled past didn't help.
I smiled when i passed a dad holding a little girl up to a tree to grab a leaf.
I laughed when my fourth grade teacher drove past me. And when i rode past my kintergarden teacher's house the next day.
I waved at the old man sitting on the porch with his dog.
no stress, just happy.
Happy wind, happy hair, happy sun, happy me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: