Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pioneer Day Weekend

You know, when i go home and have absolutely nothing to do, you all are going to miss my 30-photo posts.
promise. 

Thurday, July 24 (PIONEER DAY, HOLLA) Derek and I went out to lunch with some family friends who were in town for the week! so fun to catch up!
after i checked out, my roommate Leah and i went to the store. i spent m life savings on groceries, and came home to make this delicious sandwich.
feast yer eyes:


Then this happened:

me: let's climb the Y
Leah: okay. let me fill up my water bottle.
Me: k, cool, i'm gonna go invite Karl and Ben
(our FHE brothers)
Leah: okay, i'll come with you

*walk downstairs and knock on their door*
Karl: hi!
Me: hey! wanna hike the Y?
Karl: sure! when?
me: uhmm, like right now. 
Karl: yeah!

*climb the Y*




I spy, with my little eye: Seven Peaks!!

climbing at sunset was a good idea, Leah.







also, hiking on Pioneer day was a good choice, too. because uhmm, hello fireworks all up and down the valley. so cool!



The last time i climbed to the Y was in like 2011. i must have been in a lot better shape then or something because i was huffing and puffing the ENTIRE way up the mountain. it's so steep!! 

at the top, we ate skittles and Cow Tales and enjoyed the view for like an hour, and then headed down. 
we had a few guests join our group!



all deez white teefies, doe. 

 LEAH DOESNT LIKE WATERMELON
aka she's an alien.


incase you were wondering which shoe is the WORST to climb a MOUNTAIN in, i know the answer.
Crocs.
Crocs have holes ALL OVER THEM 
which i apparently forgot.
chalk for days. 
and maybe i washed one croc, got tired, and left them under the sink "to dry". 
they're definitely still there, two weeks later. 


Friday night i finished my online class (FINALLY) and watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
uhmm, I LOVED IT.

Saturday morning i joined my sister Rebecca and her adorable kiddos at the mall for funsies. why not spend as much time with them as possible while i'm here??
Owen remembered me and felt totally comfortable with me, so obviously i have made it in life. 
also, i love these girls.


babies are my favorite human beings.




and that night, the same group of friends who invited us to watch Walter Mitty invited us to watch fireworks in Mona! which is about 30 minutes south of Provo. 
such a blast!


I've mentioned before that i love fireworks. 
and in my head, i hold Hiko, NV 2008 as the best firework show i've ever seen.

but. 
you. 
GUYS.

THESE WERE INCREDIBLE.
i just laid in the grass and could not stop "oooo"ing and "ahhhh"ing and whispering, "golly!"
so good, so good. 

New Champion: Mona, UT 2014





1 comment :

  1. YOU WENT TO THE FIREWORKS IN MONA??!! we love those, they're basically like hiko, so close by right? We've gone a couple of times to those. I almost ttok the kids when Eric was gone, that would have been so funny to find you there!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: