Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tasha


just listen.


I have the best job. in the entire world. 
And i just want to burst into tears at the thought that it's almost over.

right now, i can't express the love that is literally filling my whole chest for one of my campers. 
her name is Tasha and she has an intestinal condition for which there is no pediatric treatment. the surgeries and treatment she needs is literally illegal to perform on minors because it is so under practiced and potentially dangerous. 

She let me know about her dietary needs and other things the first night of camp, just so i'd be aware. As we got talking about all of the horrible things she's been through, i was absolutely blown away by her confidence. obviously, what she's going through is awful. but she explained to me that she refuses to see herself as a victim. she knows that there is a plan for her, and this is just part of it. 

Today, after their first practice session she came into my room and wept. she's frustrated because her body is so weak and Volleyball is her thing! and she hates not being able to do all that she used to. 
after she vented all this to me, she looked up at me with tear filled eyes and said, "I just hope i'm doing this all right. I hope i'm handling it the way i'm supposed to." my mouth fell open. "I know everyone has their like..you know...mountain. their trial? their test, i guess. and i know this is mine. I just hope i'm passing it."

I hugged her tighter than i thought was possible and let out a weird sound between a laugh and a sob.

this girl. 

this beautiful soul is climbing her mountain better than i have ever climbed mine. 

and then all these thigns flashed through my head, all these trials I've been having and worrying about. and i scoffed at myself. 

my life is so so so easy and good. 

this girl is incredible, and i want to be more like her and i tried to put all that into my hug. 
i hope she got that. 

She is so brave.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: