Thursday, April 26, 2012

Winning

My life is good. oh so good. 
and it seems with each day, it only gets better! 

I was at a theater festival last weekend and we did really well! 
our school's one act received superior! (first place). The Amador festival is equivalent to like...state championships, but for theatre haha. So this was a huge deal!! 



Me and My scene partner Jay also won with our scene! woo! well. actually. we got second. but come on, out of the 50 best high school two person scenes, we got second!! I was happy. first would have been nice...but comedy hardly ever wins over serious pieces. 
Jay is the one wearing blue, and the guy whose hand he's shaking was only the judge who didn't give us a one. that stupid judge whose reason for being a judge was, "well, when i go to college, i want to major in theatre" was the reason we got second. so basically, he's the devil. with no credentials.

what is second? we won.



Speaking of drama, here's the queen of theatre herself: Mrs.Latimer
not only is she the coolest teacher this side of the mississippi, but i'm pretty sure she dated Shakespeare.
She's amazing.
Monday was CSF life member night and i asked her to present me. She was hilarious and ranted about my facial expressions. she even made a giant poster board filled with giant pictures of the most unflattering yet ridiculously hilarious pictures of my face in the most contorted expressions you can ever imagine me making.
AND she got me a Gryffindor beanie?!! no yeah, she's the best.



 all the life members are so wonderful! But I only know one of them closely. Megan is the most adorable person on the planet! and i'm about to sneeze in this almost-perfect picture, but i still love it.



all of the life members with my other favorite teacher, Mrs.Watterson! she's incredible!!



we didn't actually get our scholarships until the next day at the Scholarship awards night! Let's just say, I made a few more trips to the podium than i had expected! Tuition paid for? yes. SO happy.





Oh hey Estezzy. your eyes are closed.


I like that all of my old madera people whispered, "I loved Seussical" into my ear as they handed me envelopes. hahaha yay for Gertrude, she helped me win.
oh and hey, Mr.Simmon's head.




then i scuttled over to the end of Travis' volleyball game with that Brandon kid..



I'm kind of upset that the night Taylor got to play, i didn't get to watch. 
Meet Taylor.
or as I call him, "Cali Swag t-daddy Bees el Tay tay taylor Be-beakes-in"
coolest nick name ever, yeah?
He's pretty much my little brother. he's flipping adorable.
La Puesta Del Sol Warriors For Vida!

yesterday, while all the babies were taking CSTs, we big bad cool seniors gt to sit in an awesome assembly for like 34562 hours. soooooo not a waste of my sleepy time right? no.
BUT two good things DID come out of senior activities. well three.
1.) I played Wii Tennis with homeboy Carl Licuanian. aka Jonathan Lipnikey. aka the next Steven Spielberg aka the coolest guy on the planet. way t be, CARL!
2.) I got my purple cap and gown. weird.
3.) I won an award. hehe. guess what it was?! I'll give you a hint. here. and here....


MOST SCHOOL SPIRIT!!!!!


needless to say, i died.
and my scene partner won some ridiculous category about having a bunch of kids. so i made him take a picture with me. you can tell from his oh so happy face that the assembly was awesome. ha. cool, bro. we should stop hanging out or pretty soon our houses are just going to be over flowing with trophies! all we do is win!


just kidding, that was conceited, I'm sorry.
But real talk? I feel really blessed this week. I'm grateful for the 32 scholarships that i applied for and all the committees that considered me. I'm grateful for the six who chose me. And for Stephen and Mona who kept cheering for me the whole night. And I'm ridiculous happy for Vanessa and Shaq who won Landon's scholarships. and I'm so proud of my friends who just kept raking in the cash and for flipping Ryan who got a $16,000 scholarship for Austin. Way to go! 

I feel incredibly blessed to have been a part of MSTC, but that's entirely different post. and I love working with Mrs.Watterson. I'm grateful for CSF and all the service opportunities it's given me.

*sigh*
I love my school. and i lvoe that Brandon was the boy part of that award, because he deserved it too.

Happy. just plain happy.

2 comments :

  1. yeah!! for an awesome senior year of winning and excelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the Seussical set was the backdrop for Scholarship night! And you look so great and happy and I'm SO proud of you and excited for you to get so many scholarships!! wahoo! So happy you are enjoying the end of your senior year. Let it be bittersweet. Let it be epic-ly happy. That's what life's all about.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: