Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Burg

So i had planned this great sassy post about everything I've learned and how much weight I've gained and the lack of a boy in my life. But I'm feeling pretty humbled today. So my sassy post can wait until i get home. which is a weird thought...


Tuesday i turned in my final paper in my parenting class and then took my American foundations final. no curve, and i got a 92% thank you very much. and i stayed up until about five finishing a bunch of other essays. one science paper which was pretty easy, that got done before midnight. and then i wrote my final essay for Book of Mormon on Shiblon, because he's my favorite person in the whole book.
My humanities (Beauty and Creativity) final was in 3 parts: a 35 question multiple choice test which i took in the testing center on Tuesday morning, an essay that we wrote on our own and handed in on the last day of class, and the final music and art quiz in class. and only in class. He played songs and we wrote down the title, composer and style.

well like i said, i was up until five writing my essays. I took a nap and was going to wake up at 6:30 to study for my humanities final. so i did. but i fell asleep while studying. and i slept through my alarm - which i literally NEVER do. i woke up at 9:30. my class started at 9:00. I sat straight up like they do in the movies, looked at my watch and started sobbing. 2/3 of my humanities final down the drain...so i put some jeans on, slipped on my crocs and literally ran to class but on the way there i saw the girl that sits next to me, Ashley  and she was like, "hey, what happened?! He let us go when we finished..."
I wanted to flop onto the ground and die.
i ran to his office, and before i could even open my mouth he looked me up and down and and said, "come to my 10:15 class and you can take it then" with a pitying smile.
It was probably because tears were frozen to my cheeks, my hair was a leftover pony from Tuesday. whatever the reason he decided to be so uncharacteristically angelic, I'm grateful for it. I shook my head yes and somehow got a thank you out before i scrambled to the bathroom to cry with relief and fix my self.


So i took the test, pretty sure i only got two wrong. and that was because i couldn't remember if Millet's 'Gleaners' was realism or not. pretty sure it was though. and because for the life of me i could not remember who wrote "Jupiter". It was Holst -_-
then i had Book of Mormon.

so my teacher, brother Garmon is amazing. like, seriously amazing. I can't even begin to explain.

I love that class for a lot of reason. I love that my row makes a perfect four part harmony, and that we're all loud singers. I love that I've never been this into the scriptures before. I love that Brother Garmon loves my dad -even though they've never met - because my dad farms the church's raisins. I love that I've become such good friends with Terrin and Tyler who sit on either side of me, especially Terrin, she's incredible.
I thought i knew the scriptures pretty well before college. I thought i understood them and i thought i read them often enough.
nope
nope
nope
I have learned SO much, and felt so much and i have a greater belief of the Book of Mormon's truths now than i ever did before. It's so insane to me that this much happiness and peace and understanding can come from one book. I love the Bible more now than i ever have, i understand it so much better and i see so clearly how the Bible and the Book of Mormon work together as two testaments of Jesus Christ.

So my teacher.
He's moving to Salt Lake to take an amazing Job there, and when he told us that he wouldn't be teaching anymore, I was devastated. I had already planned out that i was gonna take first half of Book of Mormon with him next semester and the New testament after that. And then we had our lesson, and they're always amazing but this one was crazy good. I'm taking second half of the Book of Mormon, So today we read and discussed the very last chapter. Moroni 10.
It. was. so. powerful.

Because it was the last day of class, it just made us tender. There is a part in the chapter that talks about gifts. Brother Garmon went around the room giving examples of people's gifts, and when he bore his testimony at the end of class, there literally was not a single dry eye in the room. (there's about 25 of us on any given day) And he shook each of our hands as we left the room for the last time. I never ever thought i would cry because a class ended. haha. but i did! but they were sweet tears, and one of my favorite songs popped into my head:

"In the most sincere prayer I've ever prayed, I thank my God for each and every day."

and the whole way home - i know this sounds cheesy- everything looked really pretty. the sky was foggy and it was freezing cold, and all the grass and flowers are dead haha but everything looked beautiful. and right then i was just so overcome! I''m so thankful for he time I've had at BYUI!
I love it here. I love the people, i love the school, i love the spirit here and my classes. and i love the cold. and my ward - I LOVED my ward. I loved my bishop and my relief Society president, Andrea, for being so good to me even though i was an awful counselor and visiting teacher. I loved teaching relief society, but don't tell any of my future bishops that...and i loved the dorms, and the temple, and the chance to grow so much, and be with such amazing people.
I love Rexburg!
I'll miss it for sure.
This is right where i was supposed to be this fall, I don't doubt that for a second.









aaaaand done.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: