Saturday, May 10, 2014

candles

Mah birthday was awesome. 


If you're feeling small, i'll love your shadow-Oh-oh. when the lights go down, i will stand right beside you

****************

my family is perfect. i love 'em.

i'll post the pictures tomorrow maybe. or monday? i just wanted to share this bit:

my mom was putting my candles on the brownies (i don't like cake) and she laughed, "you've got a whole conglomeration of candles here, melissa. and these twisty ones are really messy, they're dripping wax everywhere, sorry." but i shrugged, " it fits! i've had a whole conglomeration of years! some striped ones, some twisty fun ones, some messy ones." and then my sweet grandma piped in, "but they all blow out the same, don't they!" she smiled, "and you still get to make your wish."
we all nodded at that.
wise woman.
they sang, i squeezed my eyes shut and wished really hard, and blew all twenty lights out in one breath.
they clapped, and mom cut the brownies while my dad joked, "and poof! a handsome boy appears!" which brought laughs all around. Jonathan teased, "watch, i'd laugh if someone knocked on the door right now!" we chuckled again, and in the pause that followed, the door bell rang.
all our heads popped up, and we cracked up.
It was my friend Edith with a watermelon and some other goodies. she's such a sweetheart.

after all my family left, i watched The Book Thief, which was absolutely BRILLIANT and has lept into my favorite movies club. incredible.

yesterday was a goodie!
happy over here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: