Monday, June 18, 2012

The Ceremony

I'm dragging this out. because i didn't want it to happen. even though i couldn't wait for it to happen. does that make sense? probably not. I  couldn't wait to graduate because it meant no more high school. But I didn't want to graduate because it meant leaving High school. 
you get it, right?

so. Marissa and I and the other CSF kids were eating hors d oueuvres (fancy!) in the cafeteria of the elementary school across from the stadium. we're eating all this fruit and stuff with all the administrators from all over the district. And "forgot" to leave my fanny pack in the car. so i just clipped it around my waist... and hmm. none of the administrators said a word...
so there we were, all lining up...


Marissa and i were talking about something or other and i just stopped in the middle of my sentence and said, "Yo....dawg! we're GRADuating right now!! that's so wild!"
it was wierd. walking out onto the field with my best friend, the dang cheesiest song in the world was playing and everyone was cheering for their kids and i was just skipping along, wiggling my fanny pack and laughing at all the clever signs.


We sat in the front row because we're CSF life members. I felt cool, not gonna lie.


meanwhile, my family was cheering like a herd of roosters. I may have even heard an "oh YOU'RE NASTY!!" as i passed them. true love, y'all.

It was HOT. and i was dripping sweat in my dang purple robes. also? all the guys looked like Hogwarts' students...just sayin. my niece and nephew had a blast in the stands!


oh hey! that's me!
I pretended to shoot a Katniss arrow right at Julian Ramos in the back rows. 


After all the names were read and the principal let us move our nifty tassels, we had a flash mob. I don't know how it looked from the stands but i felt pretty flipping cool. and then everyone threw their caps  and honestly, i feel like the whole world froze. I looked over at my best friend on my right, and i turned around to see the rest of the class behind me and i felt overwhelmed. it was like a dang movie. fireworks were literally going off. and everyone was cheering and they all ran to the back of the stadium to get their diplomas and meet their parents but i just stood still for a minute. just to drink it all in. 
phew, I'm DONE!

Bittersweet.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: