Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Flash Backs


The morning that my brother Donny got married, all of my brothers and sisters were home. all of my best friends.and my whole family, there's 21 one of us now with all the in laws and grand kids, we were all just talking and laughing in the living room together. And we have a tradition of singing together, when i was younger it was like pulling teeth when Katrina forced us to sing a hymn in church. now i can't get enough of it. We sang all our favorite songs that morning. some hymns and some not but they were all good. and we're not perfect. we argue and get mad and we've all had tough patches. But we just love each other. I don't know what else there is to say.

When you really, truly love someone, you want nothing more than to see them succeed. you would do anything to make them happy. I love my family. That morning, all standing in the kitchen singing felt like Heaven. literally. our voices sound good together, and we were all just so happy that we were together! there was tangible love in the air. that sounds so cliche but you could just honestly feel it. There was a sweet spirit here that morning. it was so happy and peaceful, it felt like Christmas in March! It felt like nothing else i have ever felt. I hope that heaven is just like that morning. I'm so happy that i get to be with them forever! and now i'm just sitting here crying over my keyboard loving my family and wishing that i could go back to the October weekend that Rebecca and Eric got engaged so i could tell Eric that i didn't hate him! and that even though i threw a fit and acted mad, i was just a nine year old girl who missed her big sister..

the point is...whether i'm a five year old crying on the lawn because Donny wouldn't let me play his trumpet, or an eighteen year old who can't wait to be in Hiko at the end of the month at a much needed family reunion, I love my family. I always have and I always will. And you wanna know my favorite part?  They'll always love me back. no matter what stupid things i say or how many times i grouch at them to stop tapping their pen on the counter... I am theirs and they are mine. Forever. and I love that.

1 comment :

Love Notes: