Friday, February 1, 2013

Esteban

So i was going to post about home boy Brandon today, because it's his dang birthday. But he hasn't gotten his birthday package yet and that's what i was going to show you soo...i had not post. but then i found a post i had done on Stephen's birthday - the ninth of January - that had somehow gotten swept under the rug!
So I'll try to keep it short. ish. (riiiight) so you get two boy best friend posts in a row. yomp.



I've technically known Stephen the longest. My older brothers were friends with his older brothers. 
But we were actually friends in kindergarten. I loved his Mother and Father. He, Jason and I were on the same soccer team. 
we won ALL the games. (no thanks to me)

We were always in the same "smart groups" in school but i knew he was a BILLION times smarter than me.  He's honestly one fo the smartest people i know and he doesn't even have to try. Stephen learned how to do fractions a long time ago. unlike me, who never knew how to convert decimals to fractions or vice versa until last month when i took the CBEST....

Stephen and I both liked Queen and skittles and Harry Potter. His family became the Brady Bunch and we tried to dig a kickball field in the lot next to my house. He got glasses and i still wanted to get a chinchilla with him. I used to ride my bike to his house around the corner and try to sell him junk from my toy drawers. 
When I came to school with new short hair at my shoulders in second grade, every one laughed but stephen told me he liked it. When the girls made fun of me for loving harry potter, Stephen stuck up for me. when i wanted to play flag football, Stephen made me feel like one of the guys. When i tried to look nice for picture day and everyone freaked out because my hair wasn't gelled back in a pony tail, Stephen complimented my purple button down shirt and told me he liked my hair down.

Love him. 

then we grew up, and i thought things would change.


 But we had classes together almost every year and when my Honors English 2 teacher got me so worked up that i yelled and almost got a referral, Stephen calmed me down. When i was about to cry because i didn't understand one word that came out of my spanish 2 teacher's mouth, Stephen helped me conjugate my verbs and get my nerves under control.

And when i liked boys that weren't good for me, He didn't say anything. just loved me through it.

 Stephen is really good at calming me down. and lifting me up. He's the perfect friend and is a devoted fan. He's been to all my shows and clapped louder than anyone there. he cheers me on no matter what.

I love his truck SO much. It's tiny and old and it  makes me happy. I love cheering for him while he's playing tennis, because he's literally the best. never loses.

We love the Hunger Games. and Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.
He's also constantly flocked by ladies that i have to tell myself are not the enemy. I have to remind myself that he's a big boy and he can tell which girls are just tryna get nasty and which actually like him. the girls that like him, i hate a little less.
the girls that are just lil nasties? 
if you try to run from me, I'll find you.


I just love him. he's great.


 And we WILL literally grow old on the same street with Children who are best friends and are named Samwise and Albus. and we SHALL read Harry Potter together and laugh at the weasley twins and cringe at President Snow in the Hunger games. and we SHALL sit on a porch with my husband and his wife and laugh about absolutely nothing until we have no teeth or hearing left. 


I love Stephen dang Simmons.
Happy Birthday. 
Friends Fo-eva.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: