Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Sudoku Addiction has finally paid off

Today i had no classes, but i woke up before noon.
I did 5 loads of laundry (I'm all out of quarters but my clothes smell AWESOME and my jacket feels SO cleeeeeean.) and made my bed. AND i cleaned my room.
I talked to my sister Katrina on the phone and got 100% on a midterm. FLIP YES.
took a shower withOUT standing in a foot of water the whole time (we got our drain fixed. almost TWO FEET OF HAIR CAME OUT. TWO WHOLE FEET. and not stringy either. like hard packed and fitted to the shape of the drain. gross, but oh so wonderful to have a clear drain. hallelujah.)
Yesterday i missed my World History midterm because i'm an idiot and forgot that the testing center closes early on Mondays because i go to a mormon school and they give you time for Family Home Evening. BUT my teacher emailed me, this:

sigh... just go ahead and take it today, melissa. but DO NOT make this a habit.
cheers,
B. Gorton

YEEEEESSSSS!!!! I replied back:

 thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

 to which he responded:

ya ya ya.
just go take it already before i change my mind.

ha! just imagine that with a New York accent. he's the best! love that guy. hopefully i did well, or else i just know he's gonna make some cheeky comment about it not even being worth keeping the test open an extra day for me. haha, whatever. I GOT TO TAKE IT. that was a miracle.
my roommates bought me french fries and an extra large blue powerade with tons of ice.
just cause.
I bought the beginnings of a Christmas present for one of my siblings. muhahahaha.
overheard the planning of a friend's proposal. YES.
played the piano. saw my first Christmas lights of the season. THE SNOW STUCK TO THE GROUND FINALLY. we drove up to the temple during the snow because it looks cool dancing in the lights at night.
Then we came home and videotaped Mallorie smashing two piggy banks from a boy against a brick wall :)
aaaaaand i carved a landscape of Nauvoo into a Zuchinni.
so you could say today was pretty great.

But the best part?
We have a school newspaper here. My good friend Shain is one of the head photographers and an editor. On the back page they have a sudoku puzzle every monday and for the past year, i have done them diligently. and every week they take all the completed puzzles and draw one out of the box and whoever completed that certain puzzle wins a prize.



THIS WEEK I AM THE WINNER.
MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
BYE.

1 comment :

  1. Melissa. I love your blog. I can't believe you found Landon's twin, and I love that you find so many fun and good things in every day. thanks for blogging, it is always enjoyable to read!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: