Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Patrick

Continuing my 'grateful' posts, i decided to make them all people.
Today, Patrick




He taught me how to communicate like an adult, aha. Also He just made me super happy. The first time we talked just us, he was comforting me, and i feel like that's what he did every time we talked after that, too. He's a pretty confident guy, and i like that. He's hilarious, some days i feel like all i did was laugh when he was around. He is brilliant. He is kind. He sings 10x better than me. His friends are fun.



He introduced me to Asian food. He truly embraced me for me, and even encouraged it. That for me is what distinguishes my friends from my acquaintances. He is the best listener ever. I talk a lot. He tells me what i need to hear and not what i necessarily want to hear. He calmed me down when i'm getting nervous, scathing, or too hyper. He supported me and believed in me. 


He made me want to be the absolute best i could be. I could talk to him for hours, and i did. I could tell him anything and everything, and i have. He bought me pizza, so he earned a permanent seal of approval, haha. He taught me a lot about sharing my beliefs. His faith in God inspires me. He was totally okay with me being brutally and embarrassingly honest, and he liked that i don't beat around the bush or play mind games. He has a fanny pack, so obviously we were pals. 

(hahahaha^ the most awkward picture.)

His eyes. they're a million different shades of gold everyday depending on his shirt.


I'm grateful for all the things that Patrick taught me. And i'm glad i had him as a friend in the winter when i was worried i would be alone. I'm thankful for his happy example in my life. 
I regret not staying in better contact with each other when i left for school in mid-April, but we both had goodish reasons and i think it was for the best. I'm grateful for his friendship.
I'm excited to have thanksgiving dinner with him next week and be real life friends again, because he's just a really good guy.











No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: