Thursday, August 15, 2013

Boy Meets World lied to me.

I was going to post about how rough life is, and how literally NOTHING in the past 6 months has happened the way I planned it would. I guess that's life? But it still stinks.
And I was just wondering, is everyone's period of emerging adulthood crappy? Because I feel like everyone makes single adult life out to be this incredible time of freedom and exploration. Maybe it is when you're looking back on it at age 30 with a steady income and a family. But let me tell ya, in the moment, it does not feel at all like how "Boy Meets World" or "Wall E" portrayed it.

And that is .09% of my thoughts on the subject. I'd been preparing a nice long rant but was sufficiently humbled by a living Prophet:
Thomas S. Monson
Who said,

"Seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it's a cinch! Each of us can be true for just one day - and then one more and then one more after that - until we've lived a lifetime guided by the spirit."

Life is rough, that's true. But luckily we've got a lot of help from One who cares about us more than we can ever imagine. That's pretty comforting.
It calms me.
It breeds hope.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: