Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dear Evelyn,

You are my mother and father's 9th grandchild. The first one with the last name "Hansen". You are my 6th niece, and you're Donny and Christine's first baby. You have your great-great grandmother's name.
Evelyn, you were born last night at 11:37. Grammy and I stayed up, talking in the living room. half waiting for Grandpa Jamie to get home and half waiting for you! I squealed when your daddy sent me a text message letting us know that you'd finally come! We expected you before noon, but you and your poor mom were working all day!!

I was day dreaming about you and your cousin Ryder and your cousin who isn't born yet (so i won't say his name yet, in case aunt Allison changes her mind last minute) the other day. I pictured Ryder looking just like his dad but i think he's a little carbon copy of his big sister. I thought you'd have dark curly hair like your daddy and your mommy's eyes. I was right! well, it's hard to really tell about the eyes because you're only a day old! 

We're gonna be best friends, do you know that? Uncle Jonathan and i are probably going to be watching you a lot while your parents are still in Rexburg. I'm going to teach you stick your tongue out, i promise. (I taught Katie, Jenna, and Ryder, too) And I'll sing to you all the time and i'll smell you, because i know you'll smell like a baby and i LOVE that. We're gonna be goo friends. When you're older i'll give you candy when you're parents aren't looking and I'll take you out for ice cream when you visit. 

I can't wait to meet you! Hold you and feel you taking little breaths, and get to know your little baby gurgles and expressions. I love you already and I've never even seen you. I'll see you in a few weeks!

love love love, 
Aunt Melissa 

1 comment :

Love Notes: