Sunday, August 11, 2013

happies


This song makes me smile because it's absolutely ridiculous.
I am a real worm! I am an actual worm.



This morning after she woke me up, my 18 month old niece Jenna and i laid in bed for almost 30 minutes laughing at each other's teeth and playing peek a boo.
Caleb and i read seven Dr.Seuss books in a row (which is a big deal! have you ever read a Dr.Seuss book? every word? with squirmy a 3 year old?)
And Natalie ate her entire lunch easy peasy. no fuss, no mess, just please and thank you and a sticky peanut butter and jelly face.

Then I watched a whole bunch of Merlin and cried because i'm a sucker for a good love story
And i went to a wedding reception. those make me happy. (yay Tod & Annie!!)
said peace out to 3 friends who are going on missions for our church, also very happy.
Met Bret Mortimer. awesome. haha i felt like a little kid meeting Batman or something.
i ate a lot of good food and my dad let me stop at McDonald's on the way home for a $1 large icy powerade. BEST. THING. EVER.
AND he let me listen to Broadway music all the way home, a rare feat.
and when i got home, i snuggled up between Caleb and Natalie on the trampoline and we watched shooting stars and listened to the night train and we giggled and whispered and sang and Caleb threatened to go inside if i kissed his head one more time, so i smothered his whole face in exaggerated kisses that he pretends to hate. after a few they scurried off to bed and I sang Natalie to sleep in our room.

i really needed a good, happy day.
Today was it.

1 comment :

  1. haha goodness, I think you're awesome. Very Batman-esque yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: