Saturday, August 17, 2013

Certain Seconds 2


This is a copycat post. I think i'll do one periodically. maybe Thursdays are just the day. i don't know.
here are some more moments for ya:


Last summer our friend Zane had a birthday party, so the four of us drove up there. Me, Derek, Jonathan and Jenae. It's about a 50 minute - an hour drive. The party was a blast but on the way home, we found an old mix CD from my freshman year of high school and we popped it in. We are pretty good at rocking out together but tonight that was especially true. High school musical 3, The Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Rascal Flatts and Michael Buble. literally as loud as possible. windows down, cold midnight air whipping our faces as we drove too fast down the mountain. our throats were destroyed by the time we got home. Our hair was sticking up in all directions, our eyes were dry and stinging from the wind. Smiles big enough to fill our whole face. Derek was leaving for school soon and this was one of or last nights all together. just the four of us. probably for a long, long time. We pulled into the drive and turned off the car. Derek and I lamented about staying up so late every morning when we have work everyday and early morning church on sundays, but really, we both knew it was worth it.

Kindergarten:

Me lying to Jason telling him that i knew a bunch of different varieties of flies when we saw a dead one on the window sill.

Me scolding Lindsey Tanner for talking about church in front of non-church people. haha what?

I hurriedly ate my cereal and ran down the street to school, but i realized as i was going through the gate that i was still holding my little plastic spoon so i shoved it in my pocket. at recess i fell off the slide and when we got into the classroom i reached into my pocket and felt my spoon. I'd forgotten about it, so i pulled it out to throw it away. it had broken in half from when i fell off the slide. i held one half in each hand and walked toward the trashcan but i was scolded by the little parent teacher aid lady because she thought i was going to scrape someone with my broken spoon. rude.

We're sitting in a circle for sharing time and Stephen brought a transformer guy. at one point, while Stephen was turning him from a person into an airplane my teacher said, "uhmm, where's his head?" and stephen smiled that crooked smile he's always had and as he kept folding his guy, he said, 'oh, it just folds back until he's a man again'. i thought it was the funniest thing i'd ever heard. i laughed and laughed!

writing Jason 1 million love notes and watching his chubby cheeks get red and embarrassed every time. my father and his father joking about us getting married only fueled my flame.

Stephen Simmons' mother giving me an extra slice of cheese at snack time but putting her finger to her lips like it was a secret.

Stephen in a tiny little tux and bowtie at his mother's funeral later that year.

Mrs.Valencia turned off the lights, which she did periodically when she had an important announcement. "Samuel is a big brother!" we all clapped and Samuel Chadwick looked as proud as anything.

Joey Carracillo got attacked by his cat who left 3 giant claw scars by joey's eye. to this day, he still has them.

At Kindergarten graduation, i was chosen to play the role of  "cheese wedge" in our class' performance of, "the corner grocery store". Brandon Paul was "pea pod" and i laughed the entire song because i was so nervous.

I remember swimming at Jason's house and when i changed into my bathing suit Jason said, "that's so cute!" He is the only boy, with 3 sisters, and is very good at complimenting ladies and being observant and supportive. But as a 5 year old, i didn't get that that was the reason, so i took it as a sign that he of course, was in love with me. We played in the pool and afterward we sat under a table on his deck and made a fort out of towels. Whenever his mom was about to come out to ask if we were dry, we'd jump back in the pool. clever. and He was drinking ginger ale. offered me some. grossest thing I've ever tasted in my life. i spit it out and made a great "I hate this" face. he laughed a good belly laugh for a straight minute while i pouted just outside our fort. Jason also had a three legged cat. i believe his name was mushu and he freaked me the heck out, alright? sorry, J.

learning the ABCs earned me a set of ABC magnets, AKA i became the happiest person on the planet.

Also Brandon Paul always had nice, perfectly packed lunches from his mom and i ate cafeteria food cause it was paid for by the government and we were poor. I was always jealous of Brandon snacks, but one day he gave me the second fruit by the foot his mom accidentally put in his paper bag. instant best friends. thinking back now, that fruit by the foot probably rightly belonged to Brandon's older brother Brett, which just makes the memory even better.

that's all for now.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: