Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I accidentally almost killed A Boy Named Doug

And at our last FHE tonight:

A Boy Named Doug: man, these cookies are good, what’s in them?
Me: pumpkin chocolate chip. *pause of realization* PUMPKIN. DOUG, PUMPKIN. You’re allergic to pumpkin!!!?!!!
Doug: oh! What?! Uhmm, well, my throat isn’t scratchy or anything yet, so it’s probably okay…
Me: MALLORIE, GET HIM SOME BENADRYLL!! Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry, Doug!! I totally forgot! AGH! I’m sorry!



Hahaha I apologized a million times while I got him some water and milk and Mal gave him medicine. He swears it wasn’t that big of a deal but I have a horrible memory of Brandon Paul having an allergic reaction to a kiwi in the third grade, and I am FREAKED OUT by food allergies, now. So I over re-acted. but then i laughed for a good 3 minutes while he told me that he was going to sue me for attempted murder. 
"you gave me the cookies, KNOWING they had pumpkin, KNOWING i was allergic .it was purposeful. you tried to kill me." and then laughed forever about our FHE brother Austin in a hypothetical tanning bed, and my drawings of them all. we planned an imaginary trip back to rexburg from Fresno in the spring. I'm going to miss them. and i'm grateful for them, even though they put us on roller coasters. they're good people. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: