Friday, March 21, 2014

Tommy


So I have a prophet. 
"I" meaning, we. and "we" meaning my church.
and he's a prophet just like moses or Abraham but anyway, the next general conference for my church is coming up, so I've been making my way through last conference's talks. I usually listen to them on my phone while i'm getting ready for bed. and the prophet, Thomas S. Monson spoke at the very end, so his was the last talk i listened to. anyway. 
Wednesday night, i fell asleep while his talk was still going and so in my dream, president Monson was talking about freshly baked bread and depression, haha. 

that actually happens a lot; sounds from reality seeping into dreams. 
so don't judge me, it's a perfectly normal occurrence. haha.

anyway, so i'd been thinking about the Prophet all day on Thursday, so that afternoon i decided to paint him! because i haven't painted in awhile.
there's his original Navy picture on the left (Evelyn as my screensaver in the background :)), and my sketch on the right. i traced his eyes and nose because i wanted them to be perfect, and when i freehand, things get way too messy.


bada bing bada boom. and i was super happy with it, but when i came home from work, i saw that his poor eye on the left side of the picture hadn't dried fully before i did his pupil, and the darker color spread all over. ugh. 
otherwise, it was practically perfect and i was actually quite proud.
ignore the fact that they're sideways. 


so i tried to fix it. 
here's the final product. 
over all, i'm satisfied but UGH that eye still bugs me. way better than it was, though. 


not like he wants this portrait, but i'm gonna send it to him. 
just cause i can. 
and because i sent Boyd K Packer his last month and he wrote me back.
maybe good ol' Tom will, too??
hahaha i CAN DREAM, ALRIGHT.

now on to the silly things:


Dear Seth Johnson likes to edit my instagram pictures into 'romantic collages'.


shout out to my oldest sister who is a sewing WIZARD and made me these star wars pajama pants for christmas. HOLLA. and they match my ANH tee perfectly. 
ignore my thumb in front of the lense. 


the selfies have officially begun. sorrynotsorry. blame my glasses, i'm obsessed with them. 


also, this conversation between me and Oscar. gah, it's so tiny, maybe if you click on it you can zoom in



Oscar despises frogs. absolutely LOATHES them. 
i thought i was a comedic genius.

and finally, this letter that my mom found among old Christmas cards. 
from me to Derek circa 2001. 


TGIF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: