Thursday, April 17, 2014

Catch Up: General Conference

(In case you missed my constant encouraging to watch the LDS General Conference the first weekend of April, here's that: http://melissamichiale.blogspot.com/2014/03/fire.html)


Here are some of the quotes i heard that really hit me, and thoughts I had that stood out:



when someone disagrees with my beliefs, i should always answer with courtesy and respect

"Christ-like love is the greatest need we have on this planet"
respond with love

Am i serving with love and dedication?

"intimacy binds two devoted hearts", and should not be tossed around 

petition the Lord for the help i need

"challenges will come to you. But as you trust in God, they will strengthen your faith. ...You need the strength that comes from trusting the Lord's Prophets"

I have an immeasurable inheritance if i keep the commandments

all i need to do is love, the Lord will do the rest. 

I want to leave a heritage of hope!!

am i tied back to God? or something else?

"There is only one in whom your faith is always safe: Jesus Christ"

ALL truth emanates from God

courage, not compromise!

people learn line upon line. that's the way it's supposed to be! it's okay! let people learn. and I need to be okay with learning one step at a time myself. 

"as our understanding of obedience deepens, we recognize the importance of agency"

how can i purify my communication?

one day i will understand why i have my trials. while i'm in them, my belief in Jesus Christ can help my see past the darkness that surrounds me. 

we resist endings because we are eternal beings! "Endings are not our destiny"

"Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christ-like attributes"

pray to be led to those whom i can help

the Lord is aware of me. He knows my needs and He answers my prayers. 

"the Gospel is not weight, it is wings! It carries us!"

what will i do with my time?

Happiness is not a lack of burden

my unique burdens can help me!

I won't regret being too kind

I love my family, but do i possess charity for them? 

"forgiveness should go hand in hand with love"

who are my pioneers?
i stand on the shoulders of giants!

prayer is how we know all things

"marriage and family are not conventions of men only until 'death do us part'. They are intended to be eternal by covenants we make with God. The family is the pattern of Heaven."

"by their fruits ye shall know them"
what do my 'fruits' say about me?

to know the truth, all i have to do is ask God for myself. 

just love people, melissa. just love them. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: