Friday, March 13, 2015

Art Therapy

I've been doing a bunch of art-ish things for preschool lately, and trying to encourage creative art for the students. 

I made a brick wall for a pizzeria dramatic play area one day. i didn't get a picture of it all set up, but i was proud of it. ha. 


The children painted these over the past few weeks




and i did this during a preschool curriculum class one day. it's Moses 4, and Genesis 1-7


My friend Kevin (Kebin) got me a FLIPPING BEATLES POSTER. 
JUST BECAUSE HE'S A REAL HOMIE. 


and i do puzzles. for fawwwwn


and i also consider braiding Steph's hair every night to be artsy. 
her hair is beautiful. 


aaaaanyway. i do these things to destress and take my mind off things.
oneday, we were all pretty stressed, so we skipped class and ran to Wal Mart for some supplies and then i introduced them to art therapy. painting/creating in general through my emotions has seriously become a huge help for me. 


on that specific afternoon we watched the Extremely Goofy Movie while we painted. 
I did these:




Sophia painted Snow White and Prince charming, and since that day there have many princesses painted/colored by our roommates and friends. Our living room has become an art gallery.


the small two originals  above the window are by Stephanie and Kevin. beautiful.


haha. a sandwich. my true love.


And i painted this. based on my favorite New Testament story. Mark 5:1-20.













Also!
i made dis.


and taped it to the window.
at like 4 am. cause that's when i finished it. haha.




and that's the story of my art therapy for today. 
k thanks, bye. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: