Sunday, March 8, 2015

Feb. 16 - March 1


an extra, because we're beautiful, and this one includes Steph:


Monday the 16, Stephanie and Sophia came home from their 4 day weekend in Provo with their boys. i was happy that they got to go, but happy to have them back, as well :)


just plain love these girls. this picture was totally candid, Sophia caught this for snapchat, and i made her save it because i loved it!



that week, my roommate hosted a Mary Kay party, and our boys were awesome and came to support her:




this is what happens when i'm bored in class:

Friday the 20, Stephanie's boyfriend Connor came up for the weekend. we all love that boy.
He and I had many a Harry Potter and DC conversation. We're very similar, and i think it was meant to be that Steph and i room together the past several months, so that Stephanie can learn to love all of the things that we do similarly that drive her nuts, haha.

Saturday the 21,
our ward (congregation) had an activity similar to one i've done at Girls Camp. some people call the "Iron Rod" walk. long story short, there's a rope that serves as an obstacle course/guide rail and you have to follow it a midst obstacles to lead to a destination. 

sounds weird, but it's super inspiring. and it helped me feel more connected to my ward. 
here's a sun-filled post-cry photo from that windy day:


That Sunday we had Stake Conference and it was AMAZING. I got to see several old friends and catch up with them. I got to feel God encouraging me to be better. 
my favorite speaker was a Deaf girl who also had MS, but was super positive about it all. she didn't even speak about hearing impairments or MS, she talked about families and scriptures. She was passionate and funny, and i'm grateful for her example. I love feeling uplifted. 

Monday the 23:

I taught about Instruments in preschool, and it was a blast. 

we had a really unintentionally racist Asian night for FHE. complete with fried rice and Karaoke. haha. 
each of the apartments did a number together. our apartment started the night off with a really high bar in a rousing rendition of  "a girl worth fighting for" from Mulan


I hate karaoke. i think it's awkward. So to avoid us all standing up in front of a crowd singing off key, i decided that we'd march all around the room like an army. 
hahahahahahahha:


MY APARTMENT IS SO COOL


the other girls did a gansta Taylor swift remix. 


and the boys were a boy band. surprise! haha. 
adorable. 



cutest. 
then we ate fried rice and talked. twas fun. this is a good group. 



Tuesday the 24, this photo of me was posted by the dear Sophita:

just various faces of Melissa Hansen.
and yes, sometimes i read my scriptures in the bath tub. It's a quiet place.


 last weekend, Stephanie's parents came up to visit to see the school play, because Stephanie made the costumes.  (#37 on the list of things that Stephanie kicks trash at: costume design and construction) Sophia and i LOVE stephanie's parents. we stayed with Stephanie for a few days over New Years break, and Stephanie's mom, Kathy, just took us under her wing. WE LOVE THAT WOMAN. here she is giving Sophia boy advice. it was wisdom if I've ever heard any.


Saturday night, I actually painted  my nails! correction, SOPH painted my nails. haha. 


Sunday the 1 of March, we had a Regional Conference. ALSO GREAT. L.Tom Perry spoke to us, and was hilarious. He also just made me feel really known and appreciated. Apostles of God seem to have that affect on me.
all joking aside, that man empowers me.

that evening, Jonathan came over for dinner, dessert, and some consoling. Break ups are rough. So i made him potatoes in 4 varieties (Red Pontiac, Russet, Vitelotte, and Yellow Finn) with carrots, and Zucchini. mmmm. and milk. 



See that trash behind him? he took it out after he ate. and then did the dishes. 
HE'S SO GOOD. 


also, this is my roommate Sarah. she's half Cantonese half Swedish. she's a genius and a laugh riot, and i can't get enough of her. 


 Other things happened within this time frame, but they get their own posts. 
this is life lately. 
and it's been great. 









No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: