Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Pageant?

so you know how i talked about not being a girl?
WEll. there is ONE girl thing that i have wanted for awhile...but i never told anyone...
Ever since Freshman year, I've wanted to be Miss Madera South. You can make fun of me, i know it's silly.
but come on, who doesn't want to be this girl?
I watch an unhealthy amount of Toddlers & Tiaras...
anyway.
I saw the Mr.Stallion Ms. Madera South High School pageant sophomore year and fell even more in love.
It's only for seniors soooo, when the opportunity came up to sing my name? absolutely i did.
but i had to dance.
the picture below is blurry, so you can't tell, but i did a completely different dance than the rest of the girls. good times. and when the second half of the dance (aka, nasty fest) started, i just hopped off stage...ha.
then we had to run backstage and change into formal wear for our introduction, and Jenae was kind enough to miss the entire pageant to help me quickly change into all my outfits. saint, that girl.



I didn't know we had to do an introduction, so i didn't prepare anything to say. And then all of a sudden i was standing center stage with a mic in my hand and the crowd is waiting for me to introduce myself...

"Hi!...My name is Melissa Hansen and...I should be the next miss MSHS becauuuuuse....... (Travis snickers from the front row) i painted my own stallion shoes...and i was wearing a fanny pack in the opening dance, i don't know if you caught that...also? I am Katniss....the end..."



everyone laughed and the whole way back stage i was just kicking myself because it sounded so stupid
then came the talent portion! I was going to play the piano, but my song was over two minutes. I was going to sing a song but i couldn't find an instrumental version on itunes.
So i took a leap of faith and sang ''Oh Holy Night" and played, too. It's a Sally DeFord arrangement that i love to play and I've song the song a million times, so i'm comfortable with the high notes.
turns out, that song was the right choice.
Shout out to my boy, Davey for holding my mic! you're the best tech guy ever!



they announced the final three girls and boys one at a time and called us to the front to answer a few questions. 




 My serious question was, "what motivates you to work and finish assignments?" I talked about how much I've always wanted to be a teacher and how i can't do that if i don't pass my classes.

and oh yeah, when the final three girls were all standing there waiting for the judges' final decisions, I shot a few katniss arrows to Marissa and Julian.



 My random question was, "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" before Mr.Belo even finished the question, I was holding out my hand for the mic and i answered accordingly:


 My friend Aaron won Mr.Stallion, and I'm super happy for him! we have both been dreaming about this for years, so it was pretty surreal standing there together while it actually happened.
blurry happy picture!




My wonderful friends Mayra and Tami were the other finalists, and i dang love them!!



after the pageant, my fan club kind of rushed the stage. I liked it, not gonna lie. ha. it made me feel important.






 I love them. and me and Brandon are twins.


happy.


My stylist, Jenae. best quick dress accomplice ever.

unitl she rips off my crown and messes up my hair...



then i'm like, "back off, bro"
an she's all, "wo, wo, wo! fine, gurl, whatevs."



and then we smile unattractively and it's a pretty good flipping night.

sigh. life is good.
I'm loving it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: