Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prom Date

remember when i went to winter formal and you met my date, Ernesto?
welp.
I'm going to prom so... meet Jay!


he's a cool guy. he's got skills. you know, skills! bow staff skills, sports skills, computer hacking skills..lame Napoleon dynamite reference...yeah.

we're buds. 
we weren't really friends until this school year even though we've known each other since like sixth grade. He's gangsta and i'm a drama geek.
and then he became a drama geek and we became kind of friends.
 and then Seussical started and we became friends

and then we became scene partners and good friends and now we're going to prom?

on el martes, right before our Drama showcase (which went swimmingly, by the way) he made Marissa lead me on a wild goose chase back to the drama room where he was hiding like a dang sneaky snake




He's an elf
so i said no...and everyone got quiet and his face was priceless. but then i said i was kidding.
and i started giggling because i was put on the spot and then i started rambling because i was nervous...

 and then Derek popped out of nowhere? with a giant neon pink sign that says, "oh, you're nasty!". so. apparently he approves...but not enough to hold a sign that says so...HA!




 it got awkward...






 so he left to the playoff volleyball game with Dad [(against our rivals, Madera High) (at home) (which we won!!!) the most intense game I've been to in a loooong time.] while mom, Jon and Jen came and watched my drama showcase. even though i told them not to. ha. 
We did great, and the senior song was awesome. 
It could have been cooler if we wore our graduation gowns, but some 'directors' are snotty and selfish. so, yeah. it wasn't as cool as it could have been. but it was dang cool anyway!
And then I ran off to the Volleyball game for the fifth (and best) game. sigh. I'm going to miss wearing purple almost everyday...and i'm going to miss losing my voice at the games...and annoying the other team's fans.
good season, boys!
good YEAR, stallions!



 BTW, prom is this saturday sooo you should be expecting a fully detailed post some time next week! I'm really excited because earlier on in the year i had basically decided not to go, but jay asking me forced me to go haha. But i'm glad!! because it's my last chance to really hang out with everyone and just be silly and have TONS of fun. I'm amped to go with all my friends, and i don't care at all how 'high school' that sounded! I will be as cheesy as humanly possible for the next few weeks until it's allllll over.

Prom. green dress. I shall look like a dang mermaid. Gold bow tie. we're gonna look smokin' if i do say so myself...AND we're eating at a restaurant that i'm SURE serves at least one of my five food groups:
hamburgers
hot dogs
pizza
Ice cream
red Dye #40

hate on it.
SO excited!


1 comment :

  1. melissa i'm glad to see you are having so much fun! ...but if those are really your five food groups you aren't going to live very long! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: