Monday, September 17, 2012

Follow up

I'm going to preface this with a brief story

- Depareaux, who is in love with my room mate Donna, creeped on this cute guy from our ward (Ron) and asked him to go hiking with himself and Donna. and he assured Ron that he could find someone that would be 'more than happy to go with you'. me. UGH. I did not ask despie to do this, nor did i want him to, and i didn't know that it happened until despareaux told me about it excitedly. GAH! i just felt like despareaux (he reeeeally needs an easier nickname) was making me seem like a dang creep. not only with the mountain thing but also with other events.

Real follow up story:

Ron and Despareaux came to dinner last night. Donna made an excellent pork roast with potatoes and carrots chopped by yours truly. and i made my mom's biscuits. well...i tried. I'm no Brandon Paul, alright? Despareaux Desperate got there first. and we waited for Ron for a few minutes. He was late because he brought us cookies. (which were flipping delicious by the way. he left the extras here and i literally ate ALL of them. sorry room mates, no Weasley baking goods for you!) once Ron got there though, we still had to wait  until the roast was done. So we made small talk, got past the awkward hellos and laughed about things. I blushed when Ron Called me The Henry Eyring of Relief Society. taha.






Various conversations went like this (Me= M, Ron = R, desperate= D,me in my head = H ):

R: so, Desperate mentioned a hiking trip for us, how do you feel about that?
H: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! He referenced the trip in a not creeped out way! He wasn't appalled by the idea of spending more than an hour with me! But...what if only feels obligated to bring it up because desperate is right here at the table, expecting Ron to ask me? I don't want him to feel forced into it...
M: *shrugs with great non-committal facial expression* Sure!
R: Yeah? cool! uhh, desperate, do you know how long that hike is?
H: oh no, he doesn't want it to be more than like an hour. he hates me.
D: oh, not too long. just a walk up to table rock, it has a great view of the grand teton. probably about eight hours there and back.
M: *gags on super dry biscuit* EIGHT HOURS?!
R: uhh, eight hours? that's...
M: nope. hahahaha nope. I would die, like literally i would be dead. I can barely walk up the hill to the Taylor building without taking my inhaler!
R: *laughs*
H: YES! HE LAUGHED! I SUCCEED IN ALL THE THINGS!

later, after explaining that I opted not to play water polo Senior year so i could get leads in plays

R: oh, you do theater!
M: Yup! How about you?
R: Yeah! I was in the school improv group too, but i left because uhmm, well...improv can get inappropriate pretty quickly...
H: YES! He's so righteous! and he does theater! THAT MEANS HE SINGS.

other conversations happened, they were happy.
So there were several good signs throughout the night:

1. when desperate suggested a seating arrangement that had he and Donna next to each other, Meredith in the middle and Ron and i right next to each other, i interjected with, "But 'Ron' is already sitting, so let's all just sit where ever we want". everyone moved toward the table t get a seat. Ron got up and Sat by me. "Moving is no problem" he said with a smirk. YES.

2. We could be Ron and Hermione for Halloween. Hercules and Meg is also an option.

3. He said 'next time' he'd make me..uh, i mean us...his spaghetti. THERE'S GONNA BE A NEXT TIME?! I wasn't gonna mention it, but He said it, so it's happening. and i hate spaghetti, but let me tell ya, 'next time' imma be eatin me some dang spaghetti.

4. He invited 'us' to go the dance with him on friday I say 'us' because he was speaking to the whole table, but peter already claimed Donna and Meredith's foot is broken. and that's common knowledge. So who else in the room could he possibly be asking but me?

5. He's ridiculously nice. and he's a great listener. and a dang gentleman and he asks genuine questions and  I'll die if he ever reads this. EVER.


So no yeah, as soon as he left, I ran next door and squealed with Mallorie like a dang little girl. oh wait I am one. and then i texted Derek. and then i spent like half an hour laying on the floor of  my apartment feeling giddy, and guilty, and anxious, and stupid, and childish. because by this time next month Ron will probably be tired of me. or have a mission call. in which cases...I'll be out of the picture! ahhh mormon life.


on a different note, when your History professor notices that you painted your nails a different color over the weekend, you blush. Don't worry, i'm not creepin. He's like 60. Also? My Beauty and Creativity teacher looks like Toby Flenderson, which i'm pretty sure i've mentioned before. But he has red hair and does that teeth thing like Brandon Giles. If you know who that is...haha he builds sets for Madera South Theatre and teaches there too, and when he's thinking, he scrunches his upper lip so you can see his front teeth. My teacher does that. and I laugh because i imagine him with Brandon Giles' beard and then i imagine the beard talking and building sets and having a Facebook page and yeah. I get distracted easily.

ALSO, for all of you back in Madera, please deliver this message to coach Donegan:

Y U NO  MAKE BEAKES QUARTERBACK??!

but really, dawgs i have never incorrectly picked out a Madera South QB. NEVER. every year, before the season started, i could always tell ya who was gonna lead the team to victory. erry dang year. and i was always right. even the times when coach was wrong and changed his mind a week or too later, I WAS RIGHT. I AM RIGHT. TAYLOR BEAKES IS THE QB, COACH. STOP KIDDING YOURSELF WITH THIS GREG NONSENSE. gah. sacrificing our record for nothing. and throw the ball! we know what double wing offense gets us! a 0-34 record! and when we throw the ball? a nearly undefeated season. tsk tsk. I know, I'm prideful. but stallion pride till i die, guys. I'm obsessed.

 And stadium singing last night was AMAZING!
OH YEAH! and a highlight i was going to mention:
in my Book of Mormon class, we start with a hymn and a prayer. We also have assigned seats so wherever we sat on the first day, is our forever seat. I luckily sat by cool kids. anyway, so on the first day of class, i noticed that the girls on both sides of me had good voices, and the guy on the end of our row did too. they are rows of four btdubbs. then, on Wednesday, the Boy, Tyler, was playing the piano but myself and the two other girls sounded great, and i complimented them after the prayer. So today, our third day of class, Brother Garmon asked someone to play and she started the introduction. America the Beautiful. YES. I took the Alto, Terri on my left grabbed the base an octave higher, Taya was rockin the Soprano and Tyler was hitting all kinds of Ds in that Tenor part. and let me tell ya, it. was. flipping. incredible. we were the perfect four part harmony and we were LOUD because we were all finally confidant in our awesome groupness. and that song is amazing. It was so cool, my voice caught in a couple places. Brother Garmon came and stood right by us and was smiling hugely. ahhhh Perfect Harmony.
life is good.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: