Monday, July 30, 2012

Chef Brandon

 Brandon's back from Cancun.
which means he gets to be featured on the blog again so i can remind him yet again how much i'll miss him.
again.

A few weeks months ago, Brandon had planned a "pinterest day". they would find tasty dinner and dessert recipes and make both. just for funnsies. they invited me to come along for entertainment. because i can't cook, but i can tell funny stories. but the pinterest day kept getting postponed for various reasons.
until a couple weeks ago late at night after our octopus party, it was back on! Oscar joined us. we went shopping. Brandon had to give me a piggy back ride until we got a cart because i forgot that i was barefoot. and then we were loud and obnoxious and i was singing show tunes.
when am i not singing show tunes?...
I slipped chocolate milk, go gurt, lays sour cream and onion chips, Time Magazine's special on queen Elizabeth, a 'Brave' coloring book, a giant pack of string cheese, two apple home run pies, minty gum and a sock monkey into the cart while we danced down every aisle looking for things we may remotely need for the recipes.
Oscar removed my pies claiming that, "apple pies are not for mormons." and the Brave coloring book, insisting that my Time magazine of  blue bloods would keep me busy enough. which turned out true.
still, i'm a sneaky snake.


 After literally YEARS of wishing on every birthday candle, I have a sock monkey, guys. He's beautiful! He's not a real one...just a mini TY beanie baby one...but that's okay. Someday i'll get the real deal.
some happy day...


Hey Brandon, let's get married. not only would we have the coolest kids ever, but you read minds so you'd always know what i was thinking and we'd never fight...you can do the cooking and i'll do uhmm, well i'll...I'll paint the nursery to look like the jungle of Nool ad the bathroom to look like McElligot's pool!!
that sounds like a fair trade.
but really, this guy has insane skills. come on, how many teenage boys know how to get/harvest lemon zest? I didn't even know what that was, or that it actually affected food.


HOURS later, the food was done.
It was worth the wait, though. we had like this, chicken pasta spicy goodness. Cajun i think they called it. i don't know anything about food. i eat pizza, not this fancy stuff.
and i'm usually not into spices. but at least it was better than the calamari.



I slaved over these dang fake s'mores. (okay so i cut up marshmallows and melted a bunch of chocolate..)
and they were dang good! Maybe one day i'll be all foodie and post the recipe....no. no i won't. taha.


after midnight, i gasped at my watch and Brandon drove me home. down the street.
and he brought me the leftovers the next day. And while he was over, a sneaky little frog hopped right in through the open front door. so He and I tried to chase it out, while screaming and swatting a broom everywhere. and the frog peed. and He and I were laughing too hard to actually do anything. finally Jonathan came over and solved the problem. i think he was just tired of hearing me yell. and I told Brandon to bring me desserts everyday and that he was a frog killer before he left. He hasn't driven over any more desserts, though. oh well, I love him anyway.


p.s. I'm watching the Olympic Men's water polo team right now. I miss water polo SO much. but then again, i'm watching them murdering each other and thinking....maybe I just miss being in shape and tan... no yeah. that's it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: