Sunday, July 22, 2012

For...Posterity?

So i had a crazy habit at the end of junior year/beginning of senior year.
I found out how to make these things:

I don't know what they're called...
but i'm obsessed...
the coolest things about them is that they say something! It's the same word repeated eight times in a circle. the swirly above says my name! and then you fill in each empty space with designs!
and i saved all my favorite ones but i started packing up stuff that will probably stay in a closet for the rest of my life and i wanted to throw away things i know i would never use again.
so i took pictures of these swirly circle color things to document them so that i could throw them away guiltless-ly. taha.

the one in the upper left corner says, "MSHS"
the middle one says "ROYGBIV" red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. you know, el rainbow?
the orange-y one in the bottom left corner says "Psych"
the top right corner says..."poop"...ha. don't judge me.
the bottom right corner also says melissa!



this one says Ceramics. I made it while i was taking notes during my Ceramics class. taha.

AND now, for the signs.
same situation. I'm never going to use them again so i took pictures of them and threw them all away. 

Yeeeah Rory!


My friend rory Had like, a practice band show one summer so i made him a sign and went to go cheer him on because he is awesome and doesn't get all the fans he deserves.

Go Derek I'm your biggest fan!


This happened because Derek's senior volleyball night was coming up and i kept hearing all these girls talk about which seniors they were going to make signs for. and consequently i was barfing at every girl behind their back. So, just to spite them i made my own sign and guess who got the volleyball signed by the whole team? me! (only because i'm the little sister and he didn't want to feel guilty...taha...)

I <3 my dang freshy fresh


 ...once upon a time i was obsessed with a freshman boy who went on a picnic with me. He's adorable. and fourteen. and he played freshman baseball...haha so i made this sign for his game...
and it ended at that. bahaha.

THIS relic is from My civics class last semester. we had to make a poster explaining -in our opinion - the four most important amendments to the US Constitution.
I love me some America, guys.
But that civics class was...gosh...My teacher Mrs. Lepe-Vera was awesome! and she tried really hard to make the subject applicable to her students. and I am really interested in the economy and the government and the way our country works. 
I just. gah. i don't want to say anything rude.
I wish there was an Honors Civics and Econ class...


ANYway. 
NO?!
tsk tsk tsk.
well then this poster just makes zero sense to you! But i shal el be explain-in any-be-ways.
MArzipan and Strong sad are picketing. because they can. because the first amendment gives them the right to protest. Homestarrunner and Pom Pom are missionaries because the first amendment gives us religious freedom. the cheat is threatening to shoot coach Z for breaking into his house because the second amendment lets us have guns. The Poopsmith doesn't have to testify against the King of Town because the fifth amendment says he doesn't have to, dawgs! And Strongbad, Strongmad, Bubs and Trogdor are drinking adult beverages around a bonfire because the tenth amendment says that States can cover what isn't specifically stated in the US Constitution, like legal drinking ages.
It's probably the most Epic and satisfying posters i have ever done for school.
dig it.


The Many Faces of Melissa Hansen...


 My second Mom, Mrs. Dang Latimer made this poster for me when she presented me at CSF life member night. She's hilarious to have dug up a billion pictures of me making ugly faces in all my various roles. she also got me a Gryffindor Beanie. I dang love her. 

Go Sabes que!


 Sabes que? means "you know what?!" in spanish. My friend Taylor always said it so we (very few of us. ha.) started calling him that. so obviously that's what went on his sign for the MSHS v MHS game. which we won. anyway. when i held it up and screamed for him, Most people thought i was asking him to sadies because EVERYONE was asking everyone that night. and i guess sabes kind of looks like sadies. if you're not reading it. or if you are just blind...
and uhmm, yes, there is a calendar underneath the purple letters. i'm thrifty, sue me.


 I made this for the MHS game. and obviously, we won soooo it worked!

for CSF  life member we had to make a posterboard about ourselves. which i forgot about. so last minute i printed some cute pictures and elmers glued them to a board and colored a giant squiggly rainbow river connecting all the sections...don't judge me, i was still in Seuss mode.


 oh. yeah. this.
BAHAHA.
look REEeeeeeally closely at this one...notice anything...out of the ordinary?...

  
 the original picture was taken at Brandon's Birthday dinner and consisted of Brandon, His brother Brett, Jason and Stephen. and then Mona and I took a separate picture with Brandon but uhmm, for my CSF life member board i wanted a picture of the four of us where we weren't in sixth grade or painted purple at a football game. and prom hadn't happened yet, so i just...put myself...in this ...one... i did a pretty hurried, crappy job of it too. but luckily no one looked too closely at the spot where my hair is in front of brett's arm.... and luckily, Brandon laughed at it instead of thinking i was a total creep. ha.

and that's it!
Imma go eat some Ice cream on the roof with Derek. cool.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: