Sunday, September 30, 2012

In September

This month has FLOWN by. the first couple weeks were pretty standard. nothing too exciting. but once i got into the swing of things it picked up. a little. 

as i mentioned before...I went to a Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert.
It was absolutely incredible.


On Wednesday our ward FHE brothers took us out for swing dancing and ice cream! they are the sweetest! 
randomly, that same night one of my friends was in town. So he tagged along! He's a goof.



Thursday afternoon my room mate and I went to the temple with our next door neighbors and some other friends. I LOVE the Rexburg Temple, it's gorgeous! I love that I can walk out my front door and see it on the hill. I love that i can walk there twice a week so easily. It is blessing my life SO much right now.



Thursday night i got some devastating news, and i was just....a wreck. I was so angry and sad and confused and i wanted to go home, but i knew i was being selfish and irrational by thinking those things.
But when Brandon answers you WAY too late at night, just to give you the perfect advice, it makes things a lot easier. i love that boy, he is my best friend. I miss him SO flipping much.

also, I've been praying REALLY hard to be at peace with everything that's going on. 
You know those times when you're so stressed you think you'll scream at a moments notice?
Yeah that's been me the past few days. 
But thankfully, I have a heavenly Father who knows exactly what i need to take my mind off of things.

It will be better.




Friday Night we threw a super fun Surprise birthday party for our roommate Donna, It was stressful to put on haha but once it was started, it was worth all the tedious planning. She's such a sweetheart!

This morning i went with some friends to the sand dunes to clean up trash! haha weird service project, i know, but it was really really really fun. And we got almost a whole bag of trash!! (there was almost 400 kids, so the trash was hard to find. )













My shoes - well, Mallorie's shoes - were TOTALLY full of sand after like ten minutes. haha




Mallorie, her room mate Anne, our friend Sam and I had a dang blast quoting movies and dancing around and running up the dunes and posing like we're in Egypt all morning.

When we were done cleaning, we met at a park for lunch. there was a play ground and we may or may not have indulged. we're all 18.




the lunch was great, sam had 6 sandwiches. and we rode back in a random guy's truck. But he as cool. and I'm safe, haha so we're good.




After we were back, Mallorie helped me trek ALL over campus (literally) several times to find art work for my media hunt for Beauty and Creativity class. All my pictures are a bout as attractive as this one. I was imitating a cartoon. My teacher is going to be a little scared.
He prolly should be.




Sam came over for midafternoon gossip and then all us girls went down to the I center for the General Relief Society broadcast!

SO.
FLIPPING.
GOOD.

but really. I feel like so much of it was just for me. I needed it. and it made me ridiculously excited for General Conference. You should watch it with me!

After that, My room mates and I went grocery shopping and i spent the most money i have ever spent on food in my life and i almost cried on the way home because college is so expensive.
and 
THEN!!!!!!!!!

One of our FHE brothers (they're not actually our brothers, they're just boys we were assigned to meet with for Family Home evenings on monday nights and we call them our brothers as a nickname.) got his mission call! Grant will serve a mission for our church in  Nashville, Tennesee!! He leaves January 2, 2013 and I am SO excited for him! 



He's such a great guy. He's going on a date with my Roommate Meredith on Friday ;)
teeheehee...
There were a ton of people there! my roommates, our numbers, Sam, our FHE boys and some other friends from the ward all huddled in our living room to watch grant read his call.
I love my school, guys.
And i love this whole experience.



And tomorrow is Sunday, which is always amazing. 
Things are good.
Even when there are hard things, there 10 times as many good things.

we just have to look.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: