Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cantus

before i left, my grandpa gave me this quesadilla/waffle/grilled cheese/omelet/doughnut maker that he got from some catalog. i tried to use it for the first time last week.



It caught on fire.

so i unplugged it and set it outside of  my apartment because it smelled. 
and then it sat there for a week just because i wanted to wake up in the morning and know that it was 30 degrees outside and that devil amchine was freezing it's booty off while i was toasty warm in my knit sweater from DI. and i loved walking home and seeing it sit there, lonely while i walked in to talk to my friends.
I wanted it to suffer, and letting it sit there for a week was torture heh heh heh
that was an adventure.

I got two packages this week, what?! I was ridiculously happy about this one because 'twas as surprise!


I ate all the chewy spree things in about three minutes. this is quite a nice bucket o' loot, though! It's against the law in Rexburg to go trick or treating if you're over 18...and i wasn't planning on trick or treating anyway. so this will probably be all the halloween candy i get...which is fine...Thank you kind surpriser!

I opened my Peanut butter the other day and found this:
I forgot that i did it the day i bought it. i LOVED doing this when i was little. sigh.




Okay, here's the meat and potatoes:


Friday night I went on a date with my friend Jackson! He's Great! we went in a big group to see an acapella opera group, but first we played with clothespins....
This is our mutual friend Jake, he's pretty wild.


Jake can fit 53 clothespins on his face in case you were wondering. and no, it doesn't hurt him. He's cray.

Oh hey Jack-a-sarus!



Then we used the clothespins to do a top secret thing. but it was super fun and we may or may not have created anew trend on campus muhaha
I'll tell ya. since like one of you (Hey Mallorie) lives in Rexsburg. 
On one side of the pin, we wrote a nice saying ie: your hair is great! or, have an awesome day! or, your teeth are perfect! and on the other side we wrote: pass it on!

Then we ran around campus clipping them to people but they couldn't notice that we were clipping them, or else it didn't count. Me and Jackson TOTALLY won. (we clipped all of ours first).

Then we went to the spori and made paper airplanes and launched them from the third story balcony. taha.





It was fun, but it was even funnier because it's the art building and there is a 24/7 art show going on downstairs, so the building is practically silent. so we had to be really quiet, and we all know how everything is ten times funnier when you can't laugh out
loud. I don't know how to make airplanes...so i made a crane. ha.

Don't worry, Colin ran down there to catch them. we weren't littering!





Once it was 7:15, we skipped on over to the Snow building for the concert!!


It's an acapella group called Cantus.
They.
were.
FLAWLESS.
It was SO flipping amazing! every song was incredible and some of them had humor, which was REALLY funny, because they were somber for most of the concert, and then they had a song about a cat and this guy was licking his hands and meowing and it was great. I LOVED it. they were absolutely spectacular  i almost bought their CD last night on amazon, but decided i should spend my money on you know, food...housing... things of that nature. but if i had $15 bucks to spare, i totally would buy their album, they're perfect.



My friend Colin accidentally ruined my phone, which is a whole separate story. But for some reason i thought if i asked him to take a SIMPLE picture of me and Jackson, he wouldn't mess around haha



so I took one myself instead




And after the concert, Jackson and Colin and I were walking back and it was freezing, but i was super happy. It was a pretty dang good day. Ended with a sleepover in the lounge with my next door neighbors. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: