Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Adam-Ondi-Ahman


We got off the bus and walked a trail to the top of hill where you can see the whole valley and i felt like someone literally took all the breath out of me, it was so unbelievably beautiful. 
The greenest place I've ever been.

Our professors sat us down and we had the most amazing lesson! We sang hymns for a few minutes and then had some time to go off by ourselves. I sat and wrote in my journal and thought and hummed hymns to myself and prayed. 
This was my favorite stop because it was the most peaceful place!
I honestly felt like i was in a temple, it felt that still.
Tranquil. Holy, even. 



I sat beneath a tree and wrote and prayed. And i have never felt more compelled to do good than i did there on that hill. 
I wanted to share this bit from my journal entry at Adam Ondi Ahman,
 "Never before has my heart longed for something so fully. ... I never want to leave this place. I want every one i love to be here with me. ..."


"...Christ died and was ressurected for me. God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, appeared to Joseph Smith. Jospeh Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. ... it happened. I know it. ""


 "...Never before have the words of a hymn so adequately mirrored the words in my heart than today as we sang, 'I know that my Reedeemer lives. He lives! all glory to his name! he lives, my Savior, still the same. Oh, sweet the joy this sentence give. I know that my Reedeemer lives!'..."


"...I don't know that i have ever felt 'longing' before, but i think i'm feeling it now. that's how deeply i want to be with God, and for everyone i love to be there with me together. ... I wish i had more to say, but this is what i know: It is all so true. -melissa 05.17.13"








No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: