Thursday, May 30, 2013

Illinois pt 4

Nauvoo. Honestly, My heart is pounding thinking about it. I fell in love with this place. I don't know how t describe the spirit there. I'm so jealous of my sister Rebecca who got to spend an entire semester there!
I wish i could tell you how much i loved Nauvoo, but how do i express this?!
I felt like a part of me belonged there. 
Like there's something i need to do there, or learn about or connect. I don't know. 
but there is a pull. like a physical pull on my heart. dragging me to Nauvoo.
that doesn't make sense but i'm goin' with it.

I love Nauvoo so so much. 





the early Mormons were kicked out of Ohio, and several places in Missouri until the governor actually gave an order demanding that the Mormons leave Missouri all together or else the militia would "exterminate" them. Finally they came to Nauvoo. A swamp off the Mississippi. they were safe. it was a refuge for almost a decade. remember that for the next post, when i weep about leaving.








I have very tender spot in my heart for Emma Smith. I've always admired her, but oh, man. I can't even imagine how difficult her life was. What an inspiring woman! 
and this song, oh my goodness. the trials she endured. i honestly cannot picture living through so much persecution, burying my children, husband and many friends, moving from place to place, in the broiling humidity and in the freezing cold. I respect her more than i can say.



Oh, Nauvoo.














 Dear Rebecca, please please please post about your semester in Nauvoo. I'm aching to hear your stories!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: