Monday, May 13, 2013

most spontaneous trip of my life

So Sunday evening i bought a ticket to Nauvoo, Illinois.

When i heard about it a month ago in my Book of Mormon class with Curtis, i thought, "i can't afford that". Then Sunday as my roommate Jaylene was signing up, i was happy for her, but really jealous. And sunday evening i remembered a forgotten check from a local scholarship that was $500. and the Nauvoo trip is only 375. so i called my mom to see if it was okay, and bought my ticket.

All my teachers are very strict, so i was a little worried about telling them last minute. miracles happen though, let me tell ya. Prof. Peterson just got really excited and told me a bunch of stories about nauvoo for twenty minutes and then said, "oh, did you have a class right now?" ha. luckily i didn't today. Then he told me I could just do the online prep work and he would count me as present. My children's lit teacher was upset, because i'm missing a group presentation but she said i could videotape myself. hallelujah.

So i have honestly a mountain of homework to do before Wednesday at 5:00 when i leave Idaho, but I am STOKED, you guys.
I've never been any farther east than Delta, Colorado so this is definitely going to be an adventure. We're going to visit Independence, MO; Liberty Jail; the Kansas City Area temple! the Far West temple site, Carthiage Jail, then Nauvoo, including the temple! Then we get to walk on the trail of tears to the Mississippi River; Winter Quarters, Martin's cove and Independence Rock.

So no yeah I'm going to have a blast.

Also, tonight we're climbing "R Mountain" for Family Home Evening and then having another Ultimate Frisbee tournament and two friends are having a mission call opening. And tomorrow is Madison's rec volleyball team's second game. i made signs for all the players. hard core fan, guys.

So really, this week is going to be incredible. It's like a huge long Birthday celebration, which is great.

Oh yeah and I got Windows 8 for free today as a little present from BYU-Idaho cause we're best friends with Microsoft. yeah. hook ups.

just all kinds of happys goin around. blessings blessings blessings!

1 comment :

Love Notes: