Tuesday, June 11, 2013

15 things of late

Wow! so because the majority of my posts lately have been my Midwest trip, i missed a lot of little things that happened here. here they are, in kind of an order:


1. We climbed "R mountain" for Family Home Evening! Way fun, even with asthma. Me and a heavy boy made it to the top a full 35 minutes after the rest of the group. hahaha awkward. oh well, i love climbing mountains.


far left? boy who i walked with. 
far right? me. dead. 
and that other girl? My roommate Madison. I seriously love her. SO so blessed.

I swear this rexburg wind makes me want to shave my head most days.





2. movies with Chrismike!
Chris Moen. he's kind of turning into my best friend up here, mostly because he is a short carbon copy of Derek in personality. So far we've seen The Great Gatsby and Ephraim's Rescue. both good but for very different reasons. GO SEE EPHRAIM'S RESCUE. It's good. not amazing, but good. uplifting.
next week we're going to see "Man of Steel" because Superman is one of the only superheroes i like. and then we're going to see "Now You See Me" because it has Jesse Eisenberg, who i dang love.



3. REC SPORTS.
so when i first got into BYU-Idaho i was BUMMED because there are no official school teams here. I LIVED AND BREATHED stallion athletics in high school so i had no idea how i was gonna make it. Donny was like, "Rec leagues are really fun to cheer for!" and i was all, "I'm bitter so I'm going to hate everything about BYUI until September, leave me alone."
well, he was very very right.
Rec sports are awesome for fans becauuuuuuse:
a- there are varying levels, so pretty much anyone can play, which means you know tons of people who play on teams, because you can suck and still play.
b- you can play on as many teams as you want, so your fans/friends can go to a billion games. aka, Chris plays Rec softball, and football. Mark and Madison play Frisbee and Melissa and Chris also play soccer. and a bunch of my friends played volleyball.
c- the games are very short. awesome.







4. not pictured - JENAE THE WEASEL IS COMING TO IDAHO ON THE 15TH OF JUNE

5. i tried new foods! Dark side skittles= the best thing in MAH LYFE.


my first Cafe Rio! UH FLIPPING AMAZING. 


Kiwi. The devil's fruit.


I made these for my presentation of "Grandpa's Teeth" in my children's literature class.


6. speaking of teeth. Sometimes my mom or sisters send me pictures of my nieces and it makes my day. Natalie lost her first tooth!! so flipping adorable. look at that BYU-Idaho t-shirt :)


Who does Jenna think she is being a kid. a real kid and not a baby?


then Allison sent me this picture of Natalie from right after she lost her tooth and i was laughing alone in my room hysterically for a good three minutes. Madison had to come in and see if i was okay because i was gasping for breath. 
Natalie looks like a zombie!


7. Not pictured - wearing the same shirt three days in a row is weird. but especially weird when you hang out with same boy each of those 3 days. and you know he knows it's the same shirt. But you also know that he is way too polite to say anything about it. Or you think he is and then you remember that you two like to joke. And he jokes about your shirt and then you get reaaaaaal embarrassed.

8.The sun has officially come out. it is HOT, y'all. like 80 degrees. killin me. the sky is constantly an amazing blue and it's hard to go to class, because the windows distract me. And it's hard to sit inside and do homework when there's a light breeze and everything is so green. and all the flowers on campus are bloomed and colorful. It's beautiful.




9. Not pictured - I'm a Relief Society Instructor! I honestly prayed so hard for this calling. It's been a secret dream for quite some time. finally came true. I LOVE to teach. and so far, it's been great!

10.  I finished my journal! Started a new one, one that i bought in Nauvoo.


 11. So remember Curtis? the cute guy from my Book of Mormon class that i embarrassed myself in front of? well we're actually friends now! It's great. we share skittles and everything. the other day he brought those glasses that little kids wear while watching fireworks and we had a grand ol' time lookin like idiots wearing those and flashing camera lights at each other to see the cool colors. the lame girl who sits behind Curtis tried to get in on the action, and i gave her an unnecessary dirty look. Curtis and I kept laughing and ignored her, it was great. this is her:


12. My roommate Jaylene bought me oreos the other day for no reason. i love her.


13. also not pictured, but funny.
 Dear Benson: 
you speak in Spanish to your friend in front of me to hide that you're talking about me. But secret secrets time? I speak enough Spanish to know what you're saying. hahahaha. good times. luckily you were saying nice things. and luckily i was thinkin' the same things, or that could have been real awkward. Ha. but it was fine. I'm surprised though, because when you are struggling for a word in English, you just say it in Spanish and then i tell you what it means in English, and I'm always right. And we went to Spanish stadium singing. together. hahaha so you should have known that your tricks do not work! I know what you're saying :)
but you don't read this. so you won't know unless someday i tell you...
 but it's fun to secretly know what you're saying. So i prolly won't tell you for awhile longer ;)


14. does ANYBODY out there watch "Revolution"?  i watched the season finale and honestly cried.
*SPOILER ALERT*
 Nora died, Randall killed himself, right after he launched nukes all over the US. they turned the lights back on and the militia captured Neville and Jason.


and then Neville led Monroe militia on a revolution against Monroe. Monroe and Miles made up and saved each other. They had the most epic bromance fight ever. Monroe admitted to Rachel that he had a son. and i hate Rachel. Aaron is the man. Monroe is beautiful and HE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD, ALRIGHT?!
and THEN....


WHAT THE HECK, THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN ALIVE AND SAFE THIS WHOLE TIME, FOR FIFTEEN YEARS AND HAS DONE NOTHING?! HE COULD HAVE SAVED PEOPLE. his country crumbled and divided into 5 separate nations and he stood idle-ly by like NOTHING WAS WRONG.  AND NORA DIED AS A REBEL, AND THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN HIDING OUT IN CUBA AND THE LIGHTS ARE BACK ON AND GEORGIA IS ATTACKING THE MONROE REPUBLIC AND WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON, NOW?! AND JASON IS BAD NOW? AND RANDALL PULLED THE SNAPE CARD?

what. the. heck.
dead, dying, died, dead. 

15. also not pictured, Chris and Rachel's puzzle obsession. I like to sit and watch them while eating frozen marshmallows and go-gurt.

2 comments :

  1. frozen marshmallows??? SWEET. and Cafe RIo! YOu MUST eat the pork! I spent years wasting my time on the chicken! Also I love Grandpa's teeth! and the name Benson! I will be reading more posts to try and see more pics of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE PORK!!! I didn't eat the chicken, my friend Chris MADE me get the pork even though i didn't want it but IT WAS SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: