Sunday, June 30, 2013

Compliments are nice

So since the beginning of the semester I've been writing down nice things that people say to me so that i can look back on them when I'm feelin' down. Some of these i think are pretty hilarious, and others are just plain sweet. Today was just an incredibly good day in general for a dozen tiny reasons. I love love love Rexburg, even though i complain non stop about the heat. and i LOVE my classes, even though i cry about the homework loads. and i absolutely LOVE my ward, especially my Family Home Evening group. some of the best people you'll ever meet, honestly. they're just really good people. I love them. I'll miss them when they leave in 3 weeks!
so here are some backhanded compliments and some real nice compliments:




"you know, I've always wondered what angels sound like. Then you sang. And I don't have to guess anymore." - Chris Moen

"So i used to love looking through my grandmother's senior year book from 1948. You look like you stepped right out of it!" - Taylor Davenport

"Your personality would make a great new spunky Disney princess. they could call her, 'ghetto-leisha' and she could be from Fresno, California. You'd be a really good voice for that." - Mark Allen

"It seems like you have really cool parents, i would love to meet them. I like who you are and i wish i could see why you are this way." - Jake Huskinson

"I really like the way you wear that fanny pack. fearless. Like Stacey and Clinton could pop out from behind that bush and try to take it, but after a few minutes of talking to you they'd realize that you're pulling off like, the greatest fashion achievement ever! Because really like, fanny packs look horrible on every other person, but you make it look good! like it's completely natural to have a giant pocket strapped around your waist. " - Ryan Conferro

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like princess Leia?" - Issac Nelson

"I know that you're really my friend because you dance in front of me. and you're a really bad dancer." - Mark Allen

"Hey Elleni's in town, can you skype sometime today??" - Jason Ibrahim
That made me feel good because he respected my opinion and our friendship so much that he wanted me to meet his girlfriend, even if it was only via skype.

"Your face belongs on a Christmas card" - from 'Elf', but still nice. - David Wood

"so, i was looking at your eyes today, and I've come to the conclusion that blue eyes are grossly over appreciated. I mean, have you looked at your eyes lately? They're like perfectly gooey brownies straight from the oven." -Shain Weiderholt

"Forget that guy, he's a loser for not asking you out again. I'd date you over and over." - Chris Moen

"Melissa I kind of want you marry my brother, just so you can be in my family forever. I feel like you could really easily fit into my family." - Rachel Holland

"Oh my gosh I hate you, your hair looks like a Pantene commercial." - Sarah Williams

(after successfully juggling for the first time in my life and doing a happy dance in the kitchen)
"that was probably the cutest reaction to a minuscule accomplishment I have ever seen. you belong in a hallmark movie." - Chris Moen

"you're like the kind of person that i wish my future sons will marry." - Jessica Bartley

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: