Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mon-ay

How do people survive in college? like seriously, I go to a church school that is subsidized by the tithing of church members, so my tuition is roughly 2,000 a semester.

My best friends' tuitions?
Chico State: about 7,000
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff: almost 11,000 per semester
UC Irvine: about 14,500 per semester
and that's only tuition. housing, food, transportation? kill me.

so really i shouldn't be complaining, total costs per semester for me are about $4,300 and that's less than just Brandon's classes cost.

but seriously, how do people do this? are they just in debt forever? I would rather be living on the side of the road eating only bread and water than owe someone a bunch of money. I would rather be living on the road then ask for money. I know that's prideful. and i know someday, i'm going to have to pay for something really expensive and important, and I won't be able to pay for it all in one push but that is going to be a far, far off day because the thought of owing anyone more than 10 bucks literally makes my stomach clench.

Right now I'm signing up for fall housing and feeling like i'm gonna throw up because i don't even have enough for the down payment. And even if get a minimum wage job, i'm not going to have enough by the date. and I'm gonna throw up just thinking about it but i had to vent. I think about Stephen paying fourteen THOUSAND dollars and i want to faint, seriously.

And then I pray for a job and Heavenly Father plops one in my lap, with some strings attached. I'm trying to be okay with those strings, because they're not bad, they're just inconvenient for me because i'm lazy and scared. But i should really stop being prideful and just take it before it gets yanked away because i was ungrateful. (THERE, MOM, I SAID IT, I'M BEING UNGRATEFUL. go ahead, "I told you so" all you want, you were right.)

It's okay to struggle financially, right? cause everyone struggles? like everyone. at some point, right? So this is normal. It's just a normal part of my now adult life, and i should get used to it, and just embrace it? gross.
we'll see, i guess.

3 comments :

  1. In the words of Montgomery Gentry
    "You don't need to make a million
    Just be thankful to be workin'
    If you're doing what you're able
    And putting food there on the table
    And providing for the family that you love
    That's something to be proud of"

    Learning to work hard is an invaluable trait so don't ever be ashamed of having a job or being debt free. Everyone that has debt has extra stress!! not worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I used to hate money. It's only the last couple years that we really haven't had to worry too much. I seriously have no idea how mom and dad survived the money stress of my childhood!!! Anyway- I'll pray for peace for you! And trust in the "windows of heaven" tithing promise! It's okay to get loans when you really need it- like education- that's what the prophet said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the best! Katrina i love that song and Rebecca seriously, mom and dad must have been super blessed emotionally because i would have ripped all of my hair out

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: