Wednesday, June 19, 2013

insert clever title here

I couldn't think of a title, but this is just another catch up post, made up mostly of phone camera pictures, Chris distracting me from my work, and 

So Andy from the office in one of the farewell episodes said, "I wish there was some way to know that you were in the good ol' days before you've actually left them." and i was like, "flip yeah."
but you know? there totally are those moments for me! the ones where i think, "I'm going to smile at this someday." like driving down the mountain screaming at the top of my lungs with my siblings, dancing around Brandon's kitchen, sitting on the roof with Derek and Dad, rides home with Marissa, driving to San Fran with Mal, laughing my head off with Natalie and Caleb, things like that. And these past couple weeks I've had a couple of those moments. like just plain happy days that have no particular reason to be happy, but they just are, and i like it.

also? this song:
this version isn't the real version, but that's okay cause this one's good too. the real version is by Penguin Cafe orchestra, and i love them.



We had a bonfire at a GHETTO park the other day, haha. i love smelling like campfire.
I brainwashed Benson and introduced him to roasted Starbursts. best hings EVER.
and yes mom, it's true, we're just friends. and yes mom, it's fine. cause we really are friends, haha. 




Chris used to be a chubber. and I got pretty chub last semester, so i can't talk. haha. So when Chris and i eat something junky, we call each other, "Fat Chris" and "Fat Melissa". ex:
We went to the store together the other day and i only bought groceries that i actually needed, but at the register, that kit kat looked SO good. and it was on sale for 50 cents! so i bent. When we got out to the car, i snapped it in half and said, "Hey, is fat Chris here?" he laughed and ate his half. hahaha
or the other day, Chris brought fat melissa some frozen marshmallows. And this afternoon, I snapchatted him a picture of a Reeses Fastbreak and said, "Fat Melissa went shopping for Fat Chris" he was over withing five minutes. hahaha.
And at the bonfire he said, "take a picture of Fat Chris" so here he is:


And also mom? I actally really do like my roommates. they're all super great and we're good pals :)
Rachel (Maddy creepin in the background)

Jaylene

Madison



I wasn't joking when i said we play a lot of frisbee. we do. I lay on a blanket and read a book about pioneers instead of run around.


Also? Rexburg Sunsets are my flipping favorite sight ever. seriously they are killer. especially from our frisbee spot, i sometimes just sit there and stare at the sun going down. The sun doesn't go down until 10:15 pm here, by the way. it's AMAZING.


Last week after FHE we played? you guessed it, Frisbee. and i got hit in the face. not. fun. I took a picture to show how swollen it was, but it had gone down quite a bit by this picture cause I put a cold Capri Sun on it and sat on the side lines. haha. also? to my sister Rebecca - I'm so jealous of your freckles! Cause i like mine, and i wish i had more. haha
ALSO! to my sister Allison - I didn't edit any zits out of this picture! YEEEES!!! (I have real bad acne, all ovah mah dang face. but i did a program thingy over the break and it's WORKED! for the most part. hallelujah. bout time.)


And this is Jared, He isn't even in our FHE group, but he came to play frisbee, but then he got tired and came to join me on the sidelines. haha he is a GOOF. reminds me SO much of my brother Jonathan.


and THIS sunset was a lot less colorful, but gorgeous. look at those shafts of light! Chris said, "oh my gosh, melissa look at those clouds! hashtag second coming!" HAHA.


We (Me, Jaylene, Chris and a few others) volunteered to vacuum the BYU-Idaho center I guess i didn't realize that we'd be vacumming the ENTIRE building, because they have paid student janitors that do that every day, so i thought we'd be like, cleaning glass or something. nope. vacuuming the whole building. Luckily there was like 20 of us, so i only did one giant entry way and three flights of stairs. plus i got to wear this ghost-buster-y vacuum pack thingy, so it was totally worth it.



And yes, that is a Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown T-shirt. i wear it honestly like once a week.


I am now unable to do homework before midnight. I can't do it. Mostly because of Christmike who is over here everyday. which is fun, and fine, and i like it. And he does his homework, and everyone else dos their homework, i just can't seem to do it. I feel like i'm missing something if i'm concentrating on homework when Chris is over. hahaha it's kind of a problem because the boys don't leave until curfew, which is at midnight, so i usually do like half of my homework between 4:30 and 7:00, and then Chris and/or mark come over and  i hit pause until 12:00. worst habit ever. 

Also i got into this weird habit of folding starburst wrappers because we had like two giant bags of starbursts left over after the bonfire, and Jay and Rachel would eat them and then i would fold them into little chains. and then i figured out how to connect the ends, so i made bracelets for me and chris as a token of best friendship. hahaha i also made a teeny one for the manager's daughter. and then i just made a giant chain that's sitting on my desk. obsessed.


Chris and Rachel have a strange obsession with puzzles over here.


Aaaaand I convinced Chris to get a snapchat. (it's an app where you send a picture to another user, but the picture only shows up for ten seconds, and then it deletes permanately unless you take a screenshot, but it ends up just being a bunch of hideous facial expressions when i'm bored or pictures of italian ice to brag that i have the best roommate ever. it's really pointless, but way fun.) best decision of my life. haha super fun. and i've sent him this exact snap everyday for the past like week. hahahaha


 Also, I've been on an old music kick. Backstreet Boys, New Radicals, Good Charlotte, All-American Rejects, N-SYNC, BBMak, and yellowcard for dayyyyys, guys. 
the BEST choice.

we've also started a new game called, "super ball". It's a combination of ultimate frisbee and soccer. You play with a ball, and when it's on the ground, the rules are like soccer, but if someone kicks it high, you can catch it, and then the rules become like ultimate frisbee. really entertaining.


And Lastly, I got the sweetest card from my Grandma and Grandpa Hansen today in the mail. So tender. I cried. I miss them! they are so adorable. It was a late birthday card, and they both wrote really cute little messages to me on the inside. I love them. I love my family! Forever, forever, forever.


p.s. JENAE WAS HERE. it was a party, pictures and details to come.


1 comment :

  1. I love my freckles so much, they are probably my favorite thing about my physical appearance haha! And I'm so happy Katelyn is getting them! Also our Grandparents are adorable. I need to call them. My friend Kristi's Grandma just died and it was her LAST living grandparent and she was so sad and I couldn't believe it! we are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: