Wednesday, October 23, 2013

15 reasons why today was the best

YES, I'M POSTING TWICE IN ONE DAY. SORRY. NOPE, NOT SORRY.




For no particular reason, today was a good day.
and those are the best good days, i think.




1. My senior year of high school i did paintings of the ten virgins, and in my head i named them. I went through the Bible Dictionary finding ten women from the bible, five wise and five foolish, and in my head, those were the names of the virgins i drew. My favorite wise virgin i named Salome, and i think about her a lot. And today, i was reading Matthew's account of the Crucifixion, and he says:

              55 And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering               unto him:

              56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother               of Zebedee’s children.

i wondered if the mother of Zebedee's children (John & Andrew, the apostles) had a name, so i dug around. she does. It's Salome.

2. walking to class with Mal and laughing really loudly the whole way there because we're so funny 

3. Reading 1984 in my World History class and thinking of Mrs.Watterson, one of my favorite people ever.

4. Every day i have an hour break in between 2 of my classes, so i go the cafeteria, get a dollar burger and do homework before my Family Foundations class. everyday there are a group of the cooks who come and sit at a random table and eat lunch together. they are hilarious and witty middle aged round people and i like them. today they sat by me, and i felt really cool. they asked me what i was doing, i tried to explain the concept of Pottermore to them, but it went way over their heads. when my hour was up i thanked them for great conversation and smiled the whole way to class. 

5. i showed up a little early to my family class. this class is my favorite professor, Brother Peterson. when he walked in, the professor from the previous class was still in the room, talking with a student. Brother Peterson smiled and then began to YODEL. yes, yodel. and THEN. the other professor, without breaking eye contact with his student YODELED BACK. my jaw dropped and i glanced around, hoping someone else had witnessed the glory. i caught my professor's eye and we both busted up laughing. then Brother peterson played a yodeling song and he and the other professor lip synced the entire thing, and we all died laughing. best thing. 

6. finishing a rough sudoku puzzle in pen with no mistakes. YES. satisfying.

7. having pen names in my writing class. Luna Lovegood. 

8. The teacher of said writing class doesn't comply with the university rules that 6 absences = failure and ejection from course because he thinks it restricts our agency. so he has no absence policy. so there's only about 10 kids that go. i feel like I've already explained this. ANYWAY. so the ten of us that go every day are pretty close, actually. and i love it. I'm getting all sentimental right now, actually, because i love them! we're friends, and i like that. anyway, today my friends Caleb and Chris R and I just had a ball. we were grading each other's rough drafts, and laughed a lot, that's my favorite. and then we walked to our next class together, and that was great.

9. In the middle of our peer grading, i stopped Chris R and said, "look out the window!" we all crowded around the window (including our teacher, who is an adorable oldish man) and looked down at a little family playing in the colorful leaves. "awwww" and "how cute!" were the general consensus. It made me happy. and even happier that they were black. not in a racist way at all, i just love black people. I miss people of color, there are too many white kids in Idaho, haha. but really, i miss Madera's color and culture sometimes.

10. fall leaves and light sweater weather.

11. a friend not knowing the name of the play, "Sweeney Todd" and explaining it as, "the demon barber who cooks and has long hair? there's a movie and that annoying pirate is the main guy." yes, please. 

12. THE BRAD PITT RULE. it never fails, guys. never fails. 

13. no math class today/ the classical music section of the testing center

14. The BackStreet boys and Weezer on reeeeeepeat.

15. Charlie Brown band-aids.

1 comment :

  1. loved the parts about you laughing, I miss that. thanks for calling me today.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: