Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Picture Game

hi, my name is melissa hansen and i hate throwing parties. hahahaha. SERIOUSLY. i'm really really bad at hosting. i get anxious and i feel like i HAVE to ensure that everyone is ALWAYS doing something or having fun. so i automatically assume that down time = boredom. which is not always true, but i just get overwhelmed. But i force myself to invite people over once a year so that hopefully i can get better. never do. examples:
wienie roast of 2012
Game night 2013
tonight's fruit pajama pizza party.

it's a rough life, haha.
people always say they had fun, but i don't believe them, haha.
But i did legitimately have fun tonight, and i'm glad people came. shout out to mah main gurl Mal who got there early to help pump me up for human interaction, which i have lost all skills at. haha. AND she wore pajamas. she's perfect.

anyway, today's happy is the picture game.
I SWEAR my brother Donny invented it. YEARS AND YEARS AGO. maybe not invented, but coined it, made it a thing, whatever. I ACCREDIT IT TO HIM, AND IT IS CALLED THE PICTURE GAME AND NOTHING ELSE AND WE PLAYED IT FIRST. DEAL WITH IT, DANG IT.
anyway.
the picture game is like my favorite thing EVER because A) i can show off my wittiness. yes. B) you can find out a lot about people senses of humor from this game! C) i can show off my cartoon skills.
HA. so maybe i'm super conceited. judge me.
It's the best party game.
and today it made me happy. pretty sure i have 2 new abs from laughing so hard.


thank you Curtis for writing "That one time Ryan Nelson came to my house and i blushed..." as your opening sentence. #outed. hahaha truth. because i did definitely did take on a particular shade of pink when i answered the door and behind Curtis, Ryan Brodo Baggins Nelson was standing there with black berries, raspberries, his swoon worthy hair, and raised eyebrows. and i was wearing old lady pajamas and a giant red headband that held a card which read "CAT LITTER" (we were playing Hedbandz. i love that game.)


anyway. it was a good night despite the hostess anxiety, haha.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: