Friday, November 7, 2014

My Interstellar Review




I just saw Interstellar on its opening night
And
I.

Can’t .  



Breathe.

It was so far beyond “good” that I can’t even fathom a way to iterate my feelings. It was transcendent. Ethereal. Profound. Awe-inspiring.

I am reeling.

It’s been an hour since I walked out of the theater, and my disbelief is still completely suspended. Poetic Faith is still wholly clutching my heart.

That movie was not minutes long, it was days, months, decades.

 but completely timeless.

There was no concept of passing anything in my mind while watching that movie. I wasn’t in a certain seat or building, I merely was.

Never has my heart pounded so furiously. I’ve never known the meaning of a pounding heart until tonight. The phrase, “On the edge of your seat” doesn’t begin to describe the downright thrill. The entire audience sat in rapt devotion to the screen, but it wasn’t a screen, it was life. being displayed before us, and it was intimate and real but still paranormal.
I knew that someone sat right next to me, but I never saw them, I saw only the film. But I FELT the person next to me. I felt everyone. The sheer energy in the theatre was so thick I was gulping it. Every second, every moment was spinning and raging. Some scenes felt too sincere for me to be seeing, tears rolling down my face reminded me that I was intruding on their tender dialogue. Other parts made me want to cheer with my whole self, and with stadiums and crowds all over, screaming together at the human spirit – struggling, fighting, conquering. Every worrying emotion you can imagine was thrown at me, but slowly, all the uplifting emotions won out until they were a deafening roar of triumph.

My mind has never known such confusion. I’ve never experienced such grinding concentration but been so delighted to concentrate. The sheer magnitude of what I was watching literally took my breath away in some moments, it was so massive. Too extraordinary to even attempt to wrap my mind around.  My heart has never been so wrenched in suspension, nor felt such incredible relief. I've never practiced so much restraint as in the moment when I nearly stood and screamed in unadulterated pride as the credits rolled in. I will remember that feeling forever.

Interstellar was a stunning success and an immense privilege.


An absolute masterpiece. 

1 comment :

Love Notes: