Thursday, February 12, 2015

perfect portrait.


Hi, this is me lately.


Wearing red, because i am bold and real, and my heart is out there for anyone to see, and i'm finally okay with that. finally embracing that. I have a whole lot of emotions, and they're very apparent. 
i'm not apologizing for feeling anymore.

Gold medallion around my neck, because God means more to me now than He ever has. I'm making promises to myself and to Him now that i know i won't ever regret. 

My grandmother's hair because she is one of those women who emobides real beauty, and i want to emulate her. 
In McDonalds because i'm poor. 
With Juice instead of soda because i'm having a hard time facing adulthood with any sense of maturity.
photographed because i have an incredible group of people around me who make me feel needed and wanted an useful and cared for and appreciated and all of those good things. 
a small content smile. for no one particular reason, but a myriad of realized blessings amid challenges.



When i saw this picture, i literally laughed out loud because it was just such a perfect portrait of my life lately. of me lately. 
I'm happy.
And i'm not trying to be proud. But this blog IS called the Happy Wagon, after all.

2 comments :

  1. oh my gosh Melissa! I just spent a delightful 45 minutes on your blog when I should have been cleaning my house or something because the two littles are asleep aat the same time for once. :) anyway thanks for the sharpied out apostrophe!!! Love! 2. have you put a 3/4 sign up on your front door next to the 9 yet? 3. your new hair is super cute! 4. I'm really sad that I wasn't close enough to you in high school to have met your 3 best friends. You and Brandon are the cutest! 5. I also try to express feelings even if they are embarassingly deep-- I wrote all these notes to people right after I moved from Santaquin and they were super cheesy sometimes but I got so many notes in return and a lot of happiness was spread around. Feeling deeply is a gift. and it brings you closer to the spirit I think. ANyway I want to hear more about preschool and I'm so happy your roommate situation seems awesome and I'm planning on driving to Madera with you and Jonathan on about April 10th, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I love the painting of you and jenae!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: