Tuesday, February 3, 2015

current cuts and bruises


hi okay first of all we're going to ignore how pale and voldemort-esque my skin is.
I know.
i'm translucent.
thanks, Idaho.

 secondly, we will also ignore that i didn't shave my legs before i took these picture. 
i'm a real, human, people, and no real human saves their legs EVERY. DAY. if they do, they probably shouldn't be trusted. no body should have that much free time on their hands. 

anyway. 

yesterday i had one of my usual cheesy connection moments where everything made sense because of an obscure correlation and i jumped on it. 





these are my current cuts and bruises: 

I found a really nice hardcover copy of Zathura at DI. it was 50 cents, so obviously i bought it for myself and my future family. (maybe i have a giant Tupperware tote in my closet that serves as a resource file for my future motherhood. judge me. Preschool Major = Mom prep major.) i put this lovely copy on the top shelf of my closet next to my Harry Potter puzzles. nice and out of reach. the next morning, i opened my closet door and the book tumbled off the shelf right into my shin.

side note:
I think my right shin is a danger magnet. SRSLY.
always gettin' scars. 

this blurry picture doesn't show how deep the gouge is. That book did some pretty surprising damage!


okay, so you can barely see the bruise anymore. but I can still feel it. it's just above my knee on my right leg. Sophia opened a drawer on me. really hard. i groaned like id been shot, and twenty minutes later i had a little miniature galaxy on my thigh. 

now it's been reduced to a slight discoloring, which is a shame, because it totes looked like Andromeda. 



one week ago today, i was walking to class through Satan's parking lot (AKA it's covered in ice. always. even on sunny melty days. this parking lot is just out. to. get. me. ) behind my complex. I was holding my scriptures in my right arm kind of like a football. I saw my friend Shaun coming out of his apartment, so i quickened my pace to catch up with him, and all of a sudden the world was in slow motion and i was aware of the fact that i was almost horizontal, in midair. in that split second, while still floating/falling in real slowmo, i realized that if my body stayed in the same position, my scriptures, along with my whole right forearm, would be submerged in a puddle directly below me. 

so, still midair, i seriously don't know how this all happened so fast, i tried to switch my scriptures over to my left hand so they wouldn't get wet. 
this process left my fingers almost interlaced along the spine of my scriptures, mid-switch.

then my knuckles and left knee hit the ground. hard. 
my left hand buckled weirdly under my weight so that the back of my hand was pressed firmly against the pavement. 

all that happened in slow motion, and then once i was on the ground, it was like i saw it from across the parking lot as an observer, happening in about 2 seconds' time. it was way weird. but also super cool. 
any way. 
here are the teeny tiny scratches left from that:




and the tiny left over bruise from my TB test like a million weeks ago:



okay, so maybe you can't see any of those because they're so little. ha. 

THAT'S MY POINT. 

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday last week were annoying. and hard. and they DRAGGED on. and then Sunday, i saw it all flash in front of me from an out-of-body view and i was like, "Wait, that's all that happened? what the heck? why was i moaning about this? this is nuthin'"

I GOT THIS. 

and then as i was taking the picture of my Zathura cut, i thought, "dang, that's gonna be a sweet scar. someday." and the spirit figuratively hit me over the head with a brick.

I'm gonna learn from this. 
what am i worried about. 
i'm grateful for the current cuts and bruises in my life.

they're gonna be pretty cool scars someday. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: