Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Adventures of Annie and Cude

I love to tell stories during outdoor time in the little fort of the North playground. there's a group of 3-4 usual children who sit and listen to my stories, contributing to the plots and character development quite drastically. Their favorite tales are of a little girl named Annie, who was playing in the woods one day and found a monster. throughout the installments, this monster, who one boy named "Cude" (pronounced like "cute" but with a D instead of a T.) became Annie's best friend, and together they have many adventures, usually trying to undo the mischievous actions of the mean monster, who a girl named "Ripper". Each time i give an installment, i try to let the children tell as much of the story as possible. I pause and let them fill in the blanks, i ask them what certain people said, i ask them who was rustling in the bushes, I ask them their opinion on schemes and plans. These children's minds are incredible! I envy their ability to think so grandiosely at the drop of a hat. To me, it is magic. Hearing them contribute to the story, seeing their eyes light up when i weave their suggestions into the plot, their tiny gasps and concerned faces when Annie's in a sticky spot, that all, is magical. 

Today, Annie and Cude wanted to get to the moon! They wanted to know if it felt as nice as it looked. (an idea from one my girls). I asked each of the children listening how Annie and Cude should get to the moon. one girl said, "They should find a ladder!" A Boy suggested that they "Jump really high on the trampoline!" another offered, "Cude could throw Annie up, and Annie can grab the moon and bring it back down from the sky!" We laughed and laughed as Annie and Cude started to try using a ladder, to no avail, and then outdoor time was over and we went inside. 
I'm excited to continue the story tomorrow. 
i'm also excited to write all these down in detail. 

I looooove my jooooob. 

even though it's not technically a job, because it's a class. i'm not getting paid. in fact, i'm paying to do this, haha. 
BUT I STILL LOVE IT. 

1 comment :

Love Notes: